- 8 hrs ago Low Calorie Quick Vegetarian Recipe: How To Make Cabbage Soup
- 11 hrs ago Tired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
- 13 hrs ago 106 Deaths In Delhi In January Due To Cold, Claims NGO; Officials Deny
- 13 hrs ago Kalashtami January 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals And Significance
- News Neglected infectious diseases may be tomorrow's pandemic: Bharat Biotech chairman
- Finance 2 Small Cap Stocks Where FIIs Raised Stake By Up To 34.81% In December Qtr.
- Movies Anuradha Paudwal And Sadhana Sargam Grace Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa As Special Guests
- Sports PKL 2021-22: Mohit, Sombir star as Puneri Paltan make light work of Naveen-less Dabang Delhi
- Automobiles Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
- Technology Oppo Watch Free Listed On Official Site In India; Launching Alongside Reno7 Series On Feb 4?
- Travel National Tourism Day 2022: Explore North India By Train
Any of us would first panic when we see blood in the spit. But there could be so many reasons behind it. Some of them could be serious whereas some could be minor issues.
Sometimes, a simple reason like using a hard toothbrush could also make you bleed inside the mouth and spit blood. In such a case, the problem would be solved in a day or two when the cut heals itself.
Also Read: Foods That Cleanse Your Blood
But some causes could be deadly. Blood in saliva is known as Stomatorrhagia. The blood could be from your nose, airways, throat, gums or any other surrounding tissue that's bleeding. Only a doctor can identify the origin. Read on...
Soon after you vomit, if you observe blood in your saliva, it could be from the stomach or esophagus. If you are coughing and spitting blood, it could be from the throat, lungs or airways.
When you have symptoms like vomiting, coughing, foul breath, bleeding gums, bad taste in the mouth, breathing issues, mouth sores and such problems along with blood in saliva, you must immediately visit a doctor.
Also Read: This Mixture Purifies Your Blood
Some infections could also cause this problem. Viral infections, bacterial infections or even yeast infections do cause bleeding. Gingivitis, sores in the mouth or tongue or cheek can cause bleeding.
Even sinus issues, infection of the throat, stomach infection, bronchitis, tuberculosis and other infections of airways and lungs could also make you spit blood.
Also Read: How To Increase Oxygen In Blood
Some types of cancers can also cause the bleeding. If you smoke or chew tobacco or betel nut, the risk of developing oral cancer can be high. Blood in the spit can be due to leukemia, lymphoma, throat cancer or mouth cancer too.
Ingested or inhaled toxic substances could also cause the bleeding.
If you have consumed a poisonous substance or a caustic substance, bleeding could occur. Some kind of narcotics also cause blood in the spit.
Even deficiency of vitamin C could cause bleeding in the mouth. Using any medicine or a substance that thins your blood could also be a reason. Even radiation therapy could cause it.
Also Read: Beware Of Abnormal Blood Clots
It is better to visit a doctor to figure out the exact reason behind blood in saliva.
- disorders cureCOVID-19 And Blood Thinners: How Do They Help Increase Survival Rates In Critical COVID-19 Patients?
- wellnessAre There Home Remedies For Blood In Stool?
- wellnessDo You Donate Blood? Here Are The Benefits And Risks Of Blood Donation
- wellnessWhat Are Blood Thinners? Read About 8 Natural Blood Thinning Foods
- wellnessCOVID-19 Severity In Patients With Haematological (Blood) Disease - Know What The Study Says
- wellnessWhat Is Convalescent Plasma Therapy? Is It Effective To Fight COVID-19?
- disorders curePolycythemia: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- disorders cureBlood Tests May Help Detect Breast Cancer, Says Recent Study
- disorders curePorphyria (The Vampire Syndrome): Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Risk Factors And Treatment
- wellnessDengue Menace: 10 Foods To Increase Your Blood Platelet Count
- disorders cureLeukaemia : Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- pulseThe Strange Case Of A Woman Who Sweats Blood