- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Metabolism plays an important role in your body's ability to convert the food you eat into energy.
We all tend to take our metabolism for granted when it's working well, you tend to feel off when it's not working well.
It is normal for your metabolism to decrease as you get older. This can make you gain weight when you don't eat well and you might have to put in an extra effort for weight loss.
But if you experience some of these symptoms, then it is likely that your metabolism is getting out of whack.
This might mean something unusual is going on with your metabolism. Here are a few signs that will let you fix things.
If you're really tired, then this is one of the signs. Some of the obvious reasons for this include not getting enough sleep and hitting the gym hard.
But if you often feel very tired, then this means that your metabolism is a little slower, as your body is not doing a great job in converting your food to energy.
Your skin and hair might also get suddenly dry. This occurs when your metabolism is not working well and your body doesn't turn over the cells as quickly as it should, to maintain your skin and hair.
If you crave more for sugar and starchy foods, then it is also a sign. Cravings are often your body's way of asking for an energy pick-me-up.
If you're eating well and sleeping enough, but still have really intense cravings. Then, this could mean that your metabolism isn't effectively converting the foods that you have eaten into energy.
If you're gaining weight, even though you're eating well, then this could be a sign of metabolism being out of whack. But if you're eating well and still gaining weight, it's worth talking to a dietician.
If you're cold all the time, then this could also be a sign. Your metabolism also generates heat and if it's slow, then you might be extra chilly. You might cover yourself in layers and layers of clothing due to this.
If you find yourself moody, then it can be a sign of slow metabolism. This is caused by slower-than-usual metabolism. Feeling tired when your metabolism isn't up can make you feel rundown and that can make you feel moody.
If you feel your metabolism is out of whack, then don't sit on it, talk to your doctor about it.