- 16 min ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 2 hrs ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 5 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- Finance Now Book A 5 Kg Indane Gas Cylinder Without Address Proof, Here’s How
- News COVID-19 Zydus Cadila gets emergency use approval for single dose of Virafin
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee Refuses To Celebrate His Birthday Because Nation Is Suffering; Says 'Does Not Feel Right'
- Technology How To Check BSNL Bharat Fibre And AirFibre Data Usage
- Sports IPL 2021: Best moment in life after my Test debut: Axar Patel
- Automobiles Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
It is quite natural for your weight to fluctuate during a year. A difference of a few pounds up and down is nothing to be worried about.
But if you lose about 5% of your body weight in less than six months, then this must be your primary concern.
It is high time to let your doctor know about this. There must be some obvious reason why you are losing a lot of weight all of a sudden.
If you're losing a lot of weight, without any change in your diet or even without any physical activity, then you need to worry about this sudden weight loss.
While a small change in weight is quite normal, a drastic decrease could indicate on an underlying condition, and hence you must know the reason for this sudden weight loss.
As a part of the World Health Day, we have gathered a list of some of the major reasons on why you're losing weight without trying anything.
Continue reading this article to find out the reasons for the sudden unexplained weight loss.
1. Thyroid Issues:
Weight loss is a common symptom of hyperthyroidism. Hence, you really need to book a visit to the doctor to see if you experience sudden weight loss because of this. This is one of the top causes of sudden weight loss.
2. Gut Diseases:
Coeliac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder, can cause a drop in weight. Problems with the pancreas that produces enzymes that help with digestion can also lead to sudden weight loss.
Diabetes can also lead to drastic weight loss. You may also notice that you're peeing frequently, this is because your body is giving out glucose as you can't absorb it. This is one of the top reasons on why you're losing weight without trying.
Loss of appetite is a common cause of depression and this can promote weight loss.
5. Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis can actually affect the person's appetite and this can lead to significant weight loss, as this could mess with nutrient absorption.
6. A Poor Diet:
Weight loss and not weight gain is actually associated with a greater risk of death. As you grow older, the stomach empties more slowly and makes you feel full for longer. This can lead to older adults eating less and losing weight drastically. This is one of the reasons for an unexplained sudden weight loss.
Tumour or ulcer in your stomach or intestines can cause inflammation or malabsorption issues that can lead to sudden weight loss issues. And hence this can be one of the reasons for sudden weight loss.