- 6 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 6 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 7 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 7 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Technology NASA Finds Water Ice On Mars; Could Life Be Possible?
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Vaginal health can be protected by following some simple steps. Before getting into how to keep a vagina healthy, you need to understand what constitutes a healthy vagina.
The vagina generally has an acidic pH and contains good quantities of healthy bacteria that help fend off infections and keep it naturally lubricated.
A healthy vagina also secretes a small amount of discharge. This discharge is a normal physiological reaction that occurs due to the shedding of cervical and vaginal cells.
But if a woman experiences change in vaginal odour or a change in the colour of discharge along with a discomfort, then this needs to be evaluated.
There are some healthy tips for the vagina that you need to follow to ensure a healthy vagina.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the top tips to have a healthy vagina. Read further to know more about the healthy vagina tips.
1. Protect Its pH Balance Without Douching:
Normally, the pH balance is 3.8 to 4.5. But douching can interfere with the vagina's pH balance and disrupt the healthy vaginal biome. This can set the stage for bacterial infections.
2. Maintain A Healthy Diet:
Following a balanced, nutritious diet and drinking plenty of water are the key to both vaginal and reproductive health. Foods like yogurt and other probiotics help in treating vaginal health problems.
3. Practice Safe Sex To Keep Germs Away:
Using condoms during an intercourse helps to keep off sexually transmitted diseases. This is one of the top tips to have a healthy vagina.
4. See Your Doc For Preventive Care:
Going in for regular gynaecological exams is crucial for maintaining your vaginal health. The doctors are trained to diagnose diseases and disorders that can harm the vagina or the reproductive system.
5. Treat Infections When They Occur:
If you find that you have certain symptoms of infections like yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis, then you need to get it checked immediately.
6. Use Enough Lubricant:
Lubrication is an important part of an intercourse. Without it, the skin of the labia can become irritated and chafed. Vagina lubrication naturally occurs when a woman is aroused, but some women may not be able to produce this, which is why using artificial lubricant is necessary. This is one of the healthy vagina tips that you need to follow.
7. Choose Your Clothing Carefully:
Your vagina must stay clean and dry. So what you wear can affect it. Certain types of fabrics and tight-fitting clothes can create warm and moist conditions, in which yeast can thrive.
8. Follow Good Hygiene:
After a bowel movement, wipe from front to back to avoid the bacterial contamination of the vagina and to lower the risk of bladder infection.