- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 10 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 10 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Vaginal health can be protected by following some simple steps. Before getting into how to keep a vagina healthy, you need to understand what constitutes a healthy vagina.
The vagina generally has an acidic pH and contains good quantities of healthy bacteria that help fend off infections and keep it naturally lubricated.
A healthy vagina also secretes a small amount of discharge. This discharge is a normal physiological reaction that occurs due to the shedding of cervical and vaginal cells.
But if a woman experiences change in vaginal odour or a change in the colour of discharge along with a discomfort, then this needs to be evaluated.
There are some healthy tips for the vagina that you need to follow to ensure a healthy vagina.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the top tips to have a healthy vagina. Read further to know more about the healthy vagina tips.
1. Protect Its pH Balance Without Douching:
Normally, the pH balance is 3.8 to 4.5. But douching can interfere with the vagina's pH balance and disrupt the healthy vaginal biome. This can set the stage for bacterial infections.
2. Maintain A Healthy Diet:
Following a balanced, nutritious diet and drinking plenty of water are the key to both vaginal and reproductive health. Foods like yogurt and other probiotics help in treating vaginal health problems.
3. Practice Safe Sex To Keep Germs Away:
Using condoms during an intercourse helps to keep off sexually transmitted diseases. This is one of the top tips to have a healthy vagina.
4. See Your Doc For Preventive Care:
Going in for regular gynaecological exams is crucial for maintaining your vaginal health. The doctors are trained to diagnose diseases and disorders that can harm the vagina or the reproductive system.
5. Treat Infections When They Occur:
If you find that you have certain symptoms of infections like yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis, then you need to get it checked immediately.
6. Use Enough Lubricant:
Lubrication is an important part of an intercourse. Without it, the skin of the labia can become irritated and chafed. Vagina lubrication naturally occurs when a woman is aroused, but some women may not be able to produce this, which is why using artificial lubricant is necessary. This is one of the healthy vagina tips that you need to follow.
7. Choose Your Clothing Carefully:
Your vagina must stay clean and dry. So what you wear can affect it. Certain types of fabrics and tight-fitting clothes can create warm and moist conditions, in which yeast can thrive.
8. Follow Good Hygiene:
After a bowel movement, wipe from front to back to avoid the bacterial contamination of the vagina and to lower the risk of bladder infection.