Vaginal health can be protected by following some simple steps. Before getting into how to keep a vagina healthy, you need to understand what constitutes a healthy vagina.
The vagina generally has an acidic pH and contains good quantities of healthy bacteria that help fend off infections and keep it naturally lubricated.
A healthy vagina also secretes a small amount of discharge. This discharge is a normal physiological reaction that occurs due to the shedding of cervical and vaginal cells.
But if a woman experiences change in vaginal odour or a change in the colour of discharge along with a discomfort, then this needs to be evaluated.
There are some healthy tips for the vagina that you need to follow to ensure a healthy vagina.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the top tips to have a healthy vagina. Read further to know more about the healthy vagina tips.
1. Protect Its pH Balance Without Douching:
Normally, the pH balance is 3.8 to 4.5. But douching can interfere with the vagina's pH balance and disrupt the healthy vaginal biome. This can set the stage for bacterial infections.
2. Maintain A Healthy Diet:
Following a balanced, nutritious diet and drinking plenty of water are the key to both vaginal and reproductive health. Foods like yogurt and other probiotics help in treating vaginal health problems.
3. Practice Safe Sex To Keep Germs Away:
Using condoms during an intercourse helps to keep off sexually transmitted diseases. This is one of the top tips to have a healthy vagina.
4. See Your Doc For Preventive Care:
Going in for regular gynaecological exams is crucial for maintaining your vaginal health. The doctors are trained to diagnose diseases and disorders that can harm the vagina or the reproductive system.
5. Treat Infections When They Occur:
If you find that you have certain symptoms of infections like yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis, then you need to get it checked immediately.
6. Use Enough Lubricant:
Lubrication is an important part of an intercourse. Without it, the skin of the labia can become irritated and chafed. Vagina lubrication naturally occurs when a woman is aroused, but some women may not be able to produce this, which is why using artificial lubricant is necessary. This is one of the healthy vagina tips that you need to follow.
7. Choose Your Clothing Carefully:
Your vagina must stay clean and dry. So what you wear can affect it. Certain types of fabrics and tight-fitting clothes can create warm and moist conditions, in which yeast can thrive.
8. Follow Good Hygiene:
After a bowel movement, wipe from front to back to avoid the bacterial contamination of the vagina and to lower the risk of bladder infection.
- 9 Natural Ways To Reduce Vaginal Odour Women Must Try!
- Ways Your Vagina Tells That You're Unhealthy
- The Healthy Vagina Diet To Prevent Any Infection From Occurring
- Scary & Bad Things That Can Happen To Your Vagina As You Age
- 7 Surprising Reasons For Excessive Vaginal Discharge!
- Natural Way To Improve Vaginal Lubrication During Intercourse
- These Are The Reasons You're Getting Pimples On Your Vagina
- Here Are The Main Reasons On Why Your Vaginal Discharge Is Unusually Heavy
- Stop Doing These Everyday Mistakes That Can Harm Your Vagina Big Time!
- Why You Must Take Off Your Undergarment Before Bedtime
- Types Of Vaginal Odours That Every Women Should Know About
- HIV-Preventing Vaginal Ring Found Safe For Girls: Study
- Akki Rotti Recipe: Karnataka Style Akki Rotti Recipe