A yeast infection is bad enough if it occurs for the first time. But what if it keeps coming again and again. If you suffer from recurrent yeast infection, then you need to know why this is happening to you.
About 75% of women will have at least one infection in their life and 40%-45% will have two or more. About 5% of women suffer from recurrent yeast infections. This situation can be frustrating and uncomfortable.
Recurring yeast infections are medically known as vulvovaginal candidiasis (RVCC), four times or more in a year.
A yeast infection can be characterized by an itchy vagina, a sore vagina, dry or a painful one during an intercourse. If you find a thick curdy vaginal discharge, chances are that you've got a yeast infection.
There are several reasons on why you're one of those who is getting yeast infections over and over again.
So, scroll down further to know more about the reasons for repeated yeast infections.
1. Sex (Especially If It Is With A New Partner):
Those who are prone to yeast infections might have noticed that their symptoms flare up when they have sex with a new partner. Yeast infections are caused by the imbalance of the natural vaginal flora. So, if something new like semen disrupts the balance, then you'll get an infection.
2. Douching Or Cleaning Your Vagina:
Vagina is self-cleaning and douching is considered to be very harmful. Douching can disrupt its natural balance and lead to yeast infections. This is one of the main reasons for repeated yeast infections.
Antibiotics can kill the vaginal bacteria and curb the growth of bacteria. You need to talk to your doctor, if you get an infection each time you take medications.
4. Tight Synthetic Underwear:
Synthetic underwear material can lead to more sweat that can cause bacteria to collect. It is suggested that you wear cotton underwear, as it is more breathable.
Your blood sugar levels can have an effect on the state of your health down there. Yeasts grow in high sugar environments. So, if you have type 2 diabetes, you'll be more prone to yeast infections. So, this answers your question on why do you get yeast infections often.
6. Birth Control Pills:
The gels, foams and creams that are used with diaphragms and condoms can kill the healthy bacteria, making it easier for yeast to grow and spread in the vagina. Birth control pills containing oestrogen will make it easier for the yeast to grow.
7. Weakened Immune System:
A weak immune system can make it harder for the body to fight infections, including yeast infections. Therefore, you must make sure to include lifestyle modifications that can build on your immunity level as well.
8. Wrong Treatment:
Sometimes, frequent infections can occur if the treatment selected is not effective against the yeast causing the infection. If the yeast develops resistance towards the medicines, it gets harder to treat and results in recurrent yeast infections.
9. Poor Eating Habits (Including Lot Of Sugary Foods):
If you follow unhealthy eating habits and binge on hoards of sugary foods, then you're more likely to be prone to having recurrent yeast infections.
10. Stress Or Lack Of Sleep:
Chronic stress and lack of sleep can increase your chances of suffering from a yeast infection. Hence, this condition can be controlled by getting some good quality sleep each night and keeping stress at bay.
- How Does Salmonella Bacteria Get Into Eggs
- 7 Foods To Forbid From Your Diet If You've Got UTI
- 9 Symptoms Of Bladder Infection And 5 Ways To Prevent It
- 9 Excellent Health Benefits Of Tea Tree Essential Oil You Never Knew!
- 8 Ultimate Ways To Prevent Ear Infections This Winter
- 10 Surprising Causes Of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) That You Must Know
- Research Says This Garlic Compound Helps Fight Bacterial Infections
- Man Develops Rare Infection 30 Years After First Exposure
- One Natural Ingredient That Helps To Cleanse The Lungs
- Do You Wash Your New Clothes Before Wearing Them?
- Different Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
- Best Natural Foods To Fight Belly Flu
- You Can Burn More Calories With These Sex Positions