- 10 min ago Shilpa Shetty, Genelia Deshmukh And Kubbra Sait Raise Temperature With Their Fashionable Outfits
- 20 min ago Saraswati Puja 2020: 5 Different Offerings For Goddess Saraswati And Their Importance
- 1 hr ago Benefits Of Drinking Bottle Gourd Juice With Ginger Every Morning
- 1 hr ago Ban Labs launches CARE Herbal Green Teas in this Winter with 5 organic Flavours
- Sports Ben Arfa signs short-term deal with Real Valladolid
- Movies Dhanush Shares First Still From His Upcoming Film Karnan! Pic Inside
- Automobiles Bajaj CT100 And Platina BS6 Models Launched In India At Rs 40,794: Specs & Features
- Finance India Post To Block Old ATM Cards From 1 Feb
- Technology Nokia 8.2 5G, Nokia 5.2, Nokia 1.3 Pegged For MWC 2020 Launch: Key Specs, Price Leak
- News Anti-CAA stir: Sharjeel Imam arrested on sedition charges for inflammatory speeches at AMU
- Travel 8 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
An itching butt can be embarrassing.
But did you know that it is actually a sign that something more sinister is going on down there?
Let's find out.
#1 Fungal Infection
Skin infections are usually caused like fungi, which love to grow in warm and moist places. And these tend to spread fast throughout your body. Especially the dark nether regions of your groin and butt crack.
So if your butt has weird rashes all over it and has been itching like crazy for quite sometime, then it is definitely a sign that you have an infection down there.
These parasitic worms are as small as the head of a pin, and just as long (that's why they are also called pinworms).
And they love to grow inside your large intestine and rectum.
In fact, the females only exit your body when they have to lay their eggs (which they lay around your butt hole). And it's these eggs that cause your butt to itch, which is how they end up under your fingernails, and then make their way to your stomach through your food.
So if everyone in your family is complaining of an itchy butt, don't waste time. Go, see a doctor. You all might have a case of worm infestation.
#3 Eczema or Psoriasis
Autoimmune skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis affect large areas of the body, including the butt. And they both make your skin itch like crazy!
#4 Hemorrhoids or Piles
An itchy butt is a common symptom of piles and hemorrhoids because they make it difficult to maintain your hygiene.
Image source - BruceBlaus
On the other side of the spectrum, constipation can also cause a lot of itching in your butt and cheeks because it often leads to piles and fissures.
#6 Pilonidal Sinus
Sometimes loose pubic hair can prick the soft skin between your butt cheeks and form a sinus (hole). And if this gets infected (which is very painful), it causes a lot of itching in the area.
Image source - webmd
#7 Bad Anal Hygiene
Fecal matter is the perfect feast for bacteria and fungi. So if you don't wash your butt properly after a poop-session, or have a weak anal sphincter (the butt hole), your butt will definitely itch like crazy.
#8 Using Too Much Toilet Paper or Wipes
Toilet paper are often impregnated with alcohol, chemicals, and perfume, to help you keep your butt clean. But if you overdo their use, you will end up abrading the soft skin between your butt cheeks, which will cause itching and burning in that area.
#9 Too Much Use of Soap and Water
Similar to the point above, excessive use of soap and water to keep your butt and cheeks clean will dry up the area and make it sensitive (which will in turn make it itch badly!).
#10 Eating Spicy Food
Spicy food makes our butt burn when we poop the next morning. And since the skin of this region is very sensitive, this is often followed by a severe case of itching.
So if you consume spicy food every day, an itching butt shouldn't surprise you.
Was This Article Helpful?
Then please share it on social media and spread the awareness even as you have a good laugh with your friends.