- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 17 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 17 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Unnao rape survivor’s father demands Hyderabad like encounter for accused
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Technology Vodafone, Airtel Remove Cap On Voice Calls, Offer Free Unlimited Calling To Other Networks
- Movies KGF: Chapter 1 Emerges The Most-Viewed Indian Movie Of 2019 On Amazon Prime!
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Are you wondering what causes vaginal odor? Or are you wondering whether there are types of vaginal odor? Well, firstly, what causes the smell?
Yeast and bacteria present in and around the private parts may cause the smell. When the microbes are in healthy balance, you may not get the strong smell.
Unusual smells are a result of something that is off-balance. Is it an infection or anything serious? Well, here are the types of vaginal odor.
What Does Fishy Smell Mean?
If there is fishy smell down there, it could be due to bacterial vaginosis. This could occur in women who fall in the age group of 15-44.
How Does It Happen?
Overgrowth of bacteria causes BV. Though it is harmless, it is better to restore the pH of the vagina so that the smell disappears. Consult your doctor to get an antibiotic.
When Does Yeasty Smell Occur?
Though yeast infection doesn't give a foul smell, the discharge which resembles cheese could even cause itching sensation.
How To Identify It?
Burning sensation around the privates and pain while urinating are some signs to recognise the yeast infection.
What Does Musky Smell Mean?
The material of your undergarments could cause this type of smell. The smell comes when sweat gets stuck down there. If you have gone for a workout with undergarments that are not breathable then it could cause musky smell.
Does It Cause Problems?
No, it generally goes away after shower. If it persists, you may need to wear cotton undergarments.
What About A Metallic Odour?
Blood contains iron and it could cause the metallic smell. Generally, after a period, the metallic smell may go away. Don't use any perfumes as they could complicate the issue.
Other Weird Smells
In rare cases, weird smells could come. For example, if you leave a tampon for more than a day, it could result in foul smell down there. The reason behind it is just bacterial growth. Consult a doctor immediately as trapped tampons could have dangerous effects.