- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 12 hrs ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 13 hrs ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- News Delhi polls: Why is BJP bringing outsiders asks Kejriwal
- Movies Pattas Box Office Final Collections: The Dhanush Starrer Ends Up As A Profitable Venture!
- Technology Upcoming Budget Flagship Smartphones To Arrive In India This Year
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup: India trounce Australia by 74 runs; enter semifinals
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Are you wondering what causes vaginal odor? Or are you wondering whether there are types of vaginal odor? Well, firstly, what causes the smell?
Yeast and bacteria present in and around the private parts may cause the smell. When the microbes are in healthy balance, you may not get the strong smell.
Unusual smells are a result of something that is off-balance. Is it an infection or anything serious? Well, here are the types of vaginal odor.
What Does Fishy Smell Mean?
If there is fishy smell down there, it could be due to bacterial vaginosis. This could occur in women who fall in the age group of 15-44.
How Does It Happen?
Overgrowth of bacteria causes BV. Though it is harmless, it is better to restore the pH of the vagina so that the smell disappears. Consult your doctor to get an antibiotic.
When Does Yeasty Smell Occur?
Though yeast infection doesn't give a foul smell, the discharge which resembles cheese could even cause itching sensation.
How To Identify It?
Burning sensation around the privates and pain while urinating are some signs to recognise the yeast infection.
What Does Musky Smell Mean?
The material of your undergarments could cause this type of smell. The smell comes when sweat gets stuck down there. If you have gone for a workout with undergarments that are not breathable then it could cause musky smell.
Does It Cause Problems?
No, it generally goes away after shower. If it persists, you may need to wear cotton undergarments.
What About A Metallic Odour?
Blood contains iron and it could cause the metallic smell. Generally, after a period, the metallic smell may go away. Don't use any perfumes as they could complicate the issue.
Other Weird Smells
In rare cases, weird smells could come. For example, if you leave a tampon for more than a day, it could result in foul smell down there. The reason behind it is just bacterial growth. Consult a doctor immediately as trapped tampons could have dangerous effects.