- 11 min ago Disha Patani And Other Divas Make A Fashionable Splash With Their Latest Magazine Covers
- 28 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 41 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 1 hr ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- Technology Scientists Develop FrogPhone To Measure Wild Frog Population
- News One person, one gun: Govt moves further changes to Arms Amendment Bill
- Finance Sensex, Nifty End With Marginal Gains; End 2-Day Losing Run
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reveals His Reaction After Watching Nani's 'Jersey': 'I Cried Four Times'
- Sports Joining Kobe, LeBron as 50-point Laker 'humbling' for Davis
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Are you wondering what causes vaginal odor? Or are you wondering whether there are types of vaginal odor? Well, firstly, what causes the smell?
Yeast and bacteria present in and around the private parts may cause the smell. When the microbes are in healthy balance, you may not get the strong smell.
Unusual smells are a result of something that is off-balance. Is it an infection or anything serious? Well, here are the types of vaginal odor.
What Does Fishy Smell Mean?
If there is fishy smell down there, it could be due to bacterial vaginosis. This could occur in women who fall in the age group of 15-44.
How Does It Happen?
Overgrowth of bacteria causes BV. Though it is harmless, it is better to restore the pH of the vagina so that the smell disappears. Consult your doctor to get an antibiotic.
When Does Yeasty Smell Occur?
Though yeast infection doesn't give a foul smell, the discharge which resembles cheese could even cause itching sensation.
How To Identify It?
Burning sensation around the privates and pain while urinating are some signs to recognise the yeast infection.
What Does Musky Smell Mean?
The material of your undergarments could cause this type of smell. The smell comes when sweat gets stuck down there. If you have gone for a workout with undergarments that are not breathable then it could cause musky smell.
Does It Cause Problems?
No, it generally goes away after shower. If it persists, you may need to wear cotton undergarments.
What About A Metallic Odour?
Blood contains iron and it could cause the metallic smell. Generally, after a period, the metallic smell may go away. Don't use any perfumes as they could complicate the issue.
Other Weird Smells
In rare cases, weird smells could come. For example, if you leave a tampon for more than a day, it could result in foul smell down there. The reason behind it is just bacterial growth. Consult a doctor immediately as trapped tampons could have dangerous effects.