There can be reasons why you can't turn off your constant cravings. It's high time you actually knew about these.
When you treat yourself to your favourite snack or dessert, it can get hard to stop eating it.
Your body also has an inbuilt system that makes you to stop when you're overeating. Even if you want to take one more bite, your body can give signals to stop yourself from indulging in too much food.
But, sometimes those signals can get lost and are never delivered to the brain. If you have been wondering 'why am I always hungry', this article has the possible answer.
If you are always hungry it will make it almost impossible to stop hunger and mindless eating. This leads to weight gain. Researchers are zeroing in on the reason for this to be a hormone called leptin, which is a protein made by fat cells in the body.
In this article, we have answered your question of ' why am I always hungry'. Read further to know about the reason for persistent hunger.
1. First, Know What Is Leptin:
Leptin is known as an appetite or hunger-control hormone. After you eat, your fat cells can secrete leptin into the blood stream, where it travels to the brain and signals that you're full.
2. What Causes Leptin Resistance:
Leptin resistance is associated with medical conditions like obesity, type 2 diabetes, thyroid issues and high levels of triglycerides in the blood stream.
3. How Do You Know If You Have Leptin Resistance:
Physical symptoms are the ones that help you recognize this. Some of the symptoms are being overweight and having visceral belly fat.
If you're always hungry regardless of how much you eat and you eat past your fullness point, then you might have leptin resistance. This is one of the reasons for persistent hunger.
4. How To Treat Leptin Resistance:
There is no specific medication for this, but you can actually relieve the symptoms through certain lifestyle changes. Working out can increase the leptin sensitivity, especially long aerobic exercises. Further, having a diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and lean protein also helps.
5. The Debate Around Leptin:
Since there is no specific way to detect leptin resistance, some doctors are still doubtful on how leptin resistance will impact one being overweight.
- 10 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- 9 Natural Ingredients To Suppress Your Appetite That Really Work!
- 10 Healthy Foods That Help To Control Your Appetite
- Natural Ways To Reduce Your Hunger Cravings
- Natural Remedies To Improve Appetite In Adults
- 7 Healthy Foods That Can Stop Hunger Pangs Fast!
- Eating Walnuts May Help Control Appetite: Study
- Foods That WillHelp Curb Your Hunger & Aid In Weight Loss
- Do You Know Why Salty Diet Reduces Thirst & Increases Hunger?
- Why Aren't You Hungry? Reasons
- Surprising Ways To Suppress Your Hunger
- Scientific Reason Why Drinking Alcohol Can Make You Extremely Hungry