The human body can prove to be a breeding ground for disease-causing germs and parasites that grow and multiply rapidly. These include the skin and any openings in the body.
The likelihood of germs and parasites entering the body is less if you follow good personal hygiene habits.
Good personal hygiene is essential for promoting good health. Practicing a good body hygiene helps you feel good about yourself and this is also important for your mental well-being.
People who follow a poor hygiene like having disheveled hair and wearing unwashed clothes, having body odour, bad breath, etc., are often said to fall sick more often.
If you want to minimize your infection and also enhance your overall health, you need to stop breaking these personal hygiene rules at the earliest.
Below, we have mentioned a list of personal hygiene rules that you must never break. Read to know the daily hygiene routine that must always be maintained and followed diligently.
1. Covering Your Mouth With Bare Hands When Sneezing And Coughing:
When you cover your mouth with bare hands, then the germs will get on your faces. The results can be eruptions, reddening and other consequences. It can also lead to eyelid inflammation if you rub your hands with it. You need to cover your mouth with a disposable paper tissue while doing so.
2. Biting On Your Finger Nails:
The nail plate is made up of flakes that are piled on to each other like tiles. Biting on the nails tends to deform the structure of the nails and it will start peeling and breaking soon enough.
If the nail is long, you can use a filer to shorten it. Not biting your nails is one of the best personal hygiene rules that you must follow.
3. Lining Your Lower Lashes On The Inside:
You must make sure that the tip of the brush does not touch the eye mucosa. This is because the tip harbours bacteria that can cause an infection. This is a daily hygiene routine that you must never overlook.
4. Picking Your Nose:
Your fingers contain germs that can cause an infection if you touch the inside of your nose. This is particularly dangerous if you have a blocked nose that can cause an infection to spread to the nasal cavity and lead to sinusitis. This is one of the top rules of personal hygiene.
5. Washing With A Shower Gel Every Day:
Our skin is replete with beneficial bacteria that protect it from infections and also keep it naturally hydrated. Using a shower gel every day can destroy this barrier. Daily use of a shower gel can make your skin drier that can lead to eczema.
6. Using Too Much Of Toothpaste:
Too much of toothpaste on the brush can make the bristles glide over the teeth instead of cleaning them properly. The recommended amount of toothpaste for adults is a pea-sized ball and for kids it is that of a size of a few rice grains.
7. Using Too Much Hair Balm:
Hair balm has a dense structure, as it contains silicone and other components. With too much hair balm, your tresses can quickly become dirty. If this product gets on to the scalp, then the pores can get clogged, leading to greasiness and poor hair growth.
- 10 Common Hand Washing Mistakes You Are Probably Making
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day: 9 Basic Menstrual Hygiene Tips
- Menstrual Hygiene Day 2018: What You Need To Know About Your Periods
- Is Showering Every Day Good For You?
- 8 Common Hygiene Habits Which Can Be Dangerous To Your Health!
- 10 Reasons Your Butt Itches Like Crazy All the Time
- Basic Hygiene Tips From Doctors To Reduce The Risk Of Infections
- Portable Sink To help campers maintain hygiene
- Precautionary Measures To Prevent Food Poisoning During Summer
- 10 Personal Hygiene Mistakes You Need To Stop Making
- How To Get Rid Of Butt Odour
- Quick Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Bad Breath