- 6 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 6 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 7 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 7 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Technology NASA Finds Water Ice On Mars; Could Life Be Possible?
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Carrots are known to be one of the versatile foods out there. In addition to its other positive effects, carrots help in relieving the flu symptoms.
One of the lesser known use of this vegetable is that it helps in the relief of disorders of the respiratory system such as cold, cough and flu.
The carrot syrup that we have presented here, combined with lemon and honey is an incredible protection against respiratory condition.
Carrot has excellent nutritional properties that have been used in the preparation of natural medicines. Carrots have the ability to combat natural disorders like phlegm, cold, flu etc.
It is rich in vitamin B and C that strengthens the immune system. To make this powerful homemade syrup we'll require ingredients like carrots, lemon and honey to combat cold and flu.
5 or 6 large carrots
1 lemon squeezed
4 or 5 spoons honey
Cut 5-6 large carrots into several pieces and boil it in water for few minutes until it becomes soft. Let the mixture get cool. Crush the carrots with a fork. Add the juice of one squeezed lemon and 4-5 spoons of honey. Stir them well and store in a tight glass jar.
Take 4-5 spoons of this syrup everyday until the symptoms disappear completely.
How Carrots Help In Preventing Flu?
Carrots are an excellent source of beta carotene. The role of beta carotene is to support the body's mucous membrane that lines the respiratory and intestinal tract. This makes it harder for the bacteria to enter the bloodstream and cause trouble. The compound beta carotene is converted to vitamin A in the body that helps increase the T cells and boost immunity.
How Honey help In Preventing Flu?
Honey helps in boosting the immune function and also decreases the size and weight of possible tumours. This has been attributed to the natural protective abilities of honey.
How Lemon help In Preventing Flu?
Lemon has the ability to decrease the strength of cold and flu virus in the body and reduce phlegm. Adding lemon to your daily diet will build resistance to cold and flu and also speeds up the healing process.
Benefits Of Taking This Remedy: Apart from combating flu and cold, this syrup will help us treat inflammation of joints, muscles and bones. It helps fights stress, calms nerves and anxiety. It also gives us energy as it contains vitamins and minerals like phosphorous and potassium.
If you're a diabetic, or you're taking diuretic medications, then this drink is strictly not recommended.