- 8 hrs ago 6 Ways In Which You Can Encourage Your Baby To Crawl
- 9 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Looks Elegant In Her Vibrant Yet Understated Suit
- 9 hrs ago Looking After Your Children Is Necessary, But Mothers Should Have Their ‘Me Time’ First
- 9 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin's Traditional Outfits Are Perfect For Women Who Are Fabric Connoisseurs
- Sports Dominika Cibulkova retires aged 30
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump
- News Will work to form govt in Maharashtra, won’t reveal numbers now: Narayan Rane
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 Renders Leak: Punch-Hole Design, Quad Rear Cameras Hinted
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms New Compact Sedan To Be Called Aura
- Finance India’s Q2 GDP Growth May Be At 4.2%: SBI Report
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Sugar is a must-have ingredient in every kitchen. But this is also something that can give rise to a number of serious health issues like diabetes, obesity, cancer and heart problem. Well, then what could be the way out to avoid sugar? There are many healthy alternatives to sugar that one could make use of.
So, today in this article we will be discussing a few of the natural healthy sweeteners that we can replace with white sugar. Also keep a note that these sweeteners not just add that sweet taste to your favourite dish or your juice and tea, but also are healthy.
How does sugar affect you then? Sugar directly affects the hormones that regulate your hunger. In addition to this sugar also affects the metabolism, and this not just gives rise to the insulin level but also leads to weight gain.
So the next time you take a scoop of sugar, you need to think twice. It is best to resort to the healthy alternatives. Here is a list of natural healthy sweeteners that can replace white refined sugar. Take a look.
Is honey better than sugar? Yes, one of the best natural options for white refined sugar is honey. Honey is rich in antioxidants, low in glycemic index than sugar, rich in vitamins and minerals and is good for health.
Dates are rich in iron, potassium, vitamin B6 and magnesium that will help better the body metabolism. All that you need to do is remove the seeds and then crush the dates into a syrup. This can be used instead of sugar and is the best alternative.
3. Coconut Sugar:
Rich in iron, zinc, potassium, calcium and antioxidants, coconut sugar is extracted from the sap of the coconut palm, then boiled and then dried. It has low fructose content and is one of the best healthy alternatives for refined white sugar.
4. Maple Syrup:
The sap of the maple trees is boiled and cooked until you get a thick consistency. Rich in iron, zinc, calcium, potassium and also antioxidants, maple syrup is yet another good alternative for refined sugar.
When you boil sugar cane or even beet juice you get a thick consistency syrup kind of thing. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, molasses are the best healthy option that can replace white refined sugar.
6. Brown Rice Syrup:
Using certain enzymes the brown rice is fermented. The liquid derived from it is heated until you get a thick consistency. This is one healthy option as against white sugar.
7. Banana Puree:
Rich in fibre, potassium and vitamins banana puree is a natural sweetener. All that you need to do is take a banana and then blend in well in a mixer.