- 1 hr ago Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- 2 hrs ago 9 Things People With Oily Skin Should Never Do
- 7 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows Us Her Evolved Fashion Sensibility With This Sculptural Gown At Cannes 2019
- 7 hrs ago Cannes Diary 2019: Diana Penty Sticks To The Roots With Her Impeccable Sculptural Sari
- News Violence, clashes mar polling yet again in Bengal, Supriyo blames Mamata
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections 10 Days: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues To Rake In The Moolah
- Sports Warner and Smith are ready to face fire in England: Langer
- Technology How to hide and encrypt your files on any OnePlus smartphone using Lockbox
- Automobiles Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Sugar is a must-have ingredient in every kitchen. But this is also something that can give rise to a number of serious health issues like diabetes, obesity, cancer and heart problem. Well, then what could be the way out to avoid sugar? There are many healthy alternatives to sugar that one could make use of.
So, today in this article we will be discussing a few of the natural healthy sweeteners that we can replace with white sugar. Also keep a note that these sweeteners not just add that sweet taste to your favourite dish or your juice and tea, but also are healthy.
How does sugar affect you then? Sugar directly affects the hormones that regulate your hunger. In addition to this sugar also affects the metabolism, and this not just gives rise to the insulin level but also leads to weight gain.
So the next time you take a scoop of sugar, you need to think twice. It is best to resort to the healthy alternatives. Here is a list of natural healthy sweeteners that can replace white refined sugar. Take a look.
Is honey better than sugar? Yes, one of the best natural options for white refined sugar is honey. Honey is rich in antioxidants, low in glycemic index than sugar, rich in vitamins and minerals and is good for health.
Dates are rich in iron, potassium, vitamin B6 and magnesium that will help better the body metabolism. All that you need to do is remove the seeds and then crush the dates into a syrup. This can be used instead of sugar and is the best alternative.
3. Coconut Sugar:
Rich in iron, zinc, potassium, calcium and antioxidants, coconut sugar is extracted from the sap of the coconut palm, then boiled and then dried. It has low fructose content and is one of the best healthy alternatives for refined white sugar.
4. Maple Syrup:
The sap of the maple trees is boiled and cooked until you get a thick consistency. Rich in iron, zinc, calcium, potassium and also antioxidants, maple syrup is yet another good alternative for refined sugar.
When you boil sugar cane or even beet juice you get a thick consistency syrup kind of thing. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, molasses are the best healthy option that can replace white refined sugar.
6. Brown Rice Syrup:
Using certain enzymes the brown rice is fermented. The liquid derived from it is heated until you get a thick consistency. This is one healthy option as against white sugar.
7. Banana Puree:
Rich in fibre, potassium and vitamins banana puree is a natural sweetener. All that you need to do is take a banana and then blend in well in a mixer.