- 6 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 23 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 1 day ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- News This delivery boy sings 'Gori Tera Gaon Bada Pyara' on customer’s request, wins internet
- Sports Sindhu chases elusive gold at Basel World Championships
- Movies Happy Birthday Gulzar Sahab: These Songs Penned By Him Are PURE GEM!
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Right from our younger days, we have all been told that drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is a must, right? Well, do you think this advice is actually a fact or a myth? Let us find out today.
Many of us may know of the fact that the human body is composed of about 65% of water, so obviously, we need to take in a certain amount of water every day, to keep our internal nutrient balance right.
In addition, the '8 glasses of water per day' rule has existed since time immemorial, and many people make it a point to follow it on a regular basis.
Now, we know that without drinking enough water out body can become dehydrated.
Dehydration is a serious condition that can cause symptoms such as fatigue, headache, dizziness, body pain, organ failure and even death.
Also Read: Here's what pepper water can do to you!
So, let us look at some of the facts which can tell us if drinking 8 glasses of water a day is really necessary for staying healthy.
A research study on this subject, conducted in 2002, conducted an experiment, among a group of healthy individuals, to see if drinking 8 glasses of water a day improved their health in any way.
The experiment group was divided into two groups. One group was asked to drink 8 glasses of water a day, the other group was asked to drink enough water, when they felt thirsty, without keeping a tab on the number of glasses.
After a few months of experiments with various groups of people, the researchers studied the people to see if there were any changes in their health.
The researchers found that the health of the people who drank 8 glasses of water per day and those who just drank "enough water", were not very different from each other.
So, in conclusion, the research study says that there is no hard and fast rule to drink exactly 8 glasses of water a day, to remain healthy.
However, if you do not consume enough water, or drink lots of water when you are thirsty or after eating, it could lead to dehydration and other related health problems.