- 8 min ago Deepika Padukone Takes Fashion Game To Another Level With Her Gorgeous Pink Ensemble
- 38 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 2 hrs ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- News Retired Justice V S Sirpurkar to probe Hyderabad encounter: CJI to Telangana
- Sports Ranji Trophy matches in Guwahati, Agartala suspended due to unrest, curfew
- Technology NASA Mars 2020 Rover To Hunt For Early Life Evidence
- Movies Eid 2020 Box Office Battle: Salman Khan Reacts To Locking Horns With Akshay Kumar
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Right from our younger days, we have all been told that drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is a must, right? Well, do you think this advice is actually a fact or a myth? Let us find out today.
Many of us may know of the fact that the human body is composed of about 65% of water, so obviously, we need to take in a certain amount of water every day, to keep our internal nutrient balance right.
In addition, the '8 glasses of water per day' rule has existed since time immemorial, and many people make it a point to follow it on a regular basis.
Now, we know that without drinking enough water out body can become dehydrated.
Dehydration is a serious condition that can cause symptoms such as fatigue, headache, dizziness, body pain, organ failure and even death.
Also Read: Here's what pepper water can do to you!
So, let us look at some of the facts which can tell us if drinking 8 glasses of water a day is really necessary for staying healthy.
A research study on this subject, conducted in 2002, conducted an experiment, among a group of healthy individuals, to see if drinking 8 glasses of water a day improved their health in any way.
The experiment group was divided into two groups. One group was asked to drink 8 glasses of water a day, the other group was asked to drink enough water, when they felt thirsty, without keeping a tab on the number of glasses.
After a few months of experiments with various groups of people, the researchers studied the people to see if there were any changes in their health.
The researchers found that the health of the people who drank 8 glasses of water per day and those who just drank "enough water", were not very different from each other.
So, in conclusion, the research study says that there is no hard and fast rule to drink exactly 8 glasses of water a day, to remain healthy.
However, if you do not consume enough water, or drink lots of water when you are thirsty or after eating, it could lead to dehydration and other related health problems.