A healthy diet is essential for reversing diabetes. Certain things that you can eat and drink and that have a low glycaemic index (GI), will make sure that your blood sugar levels never rise.
These foods don't raise your blood sugar levels and help you avoid a blood sugar spike. In addition to your diet, staying or becoming active is also important.
Hence, you need to know which foods you must add to your diet plan. You may be able to prevent prediabetes or type 2 diabetes with this diet plan.
Eating them as healthy alternatives to sugar, high GI carbohydrates or other treats will help your body big time.
In this article, we have listed the top foods that don't raise blood sugar levels. Read further to know more!
Avocados have a low GI and these make for a diabetes-friendly diet. These contain monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) that are important components of a healthy blood sugar eating plan.
2. Fish With Omega 3s:
Fish is great source of protein and is low in unhealthy fats and is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Some of the best fish for this include salmon, trout, etc.
Garlic has the potential to manage blood sugar levels. Garlic intake can lower the fasting blood glucose, which is your blood sugar level when you haven't eaten.
4. Sour Cherries:
Sour cherries have a low GI score and is suitable for diabetics. Sour cherries contain chemicals called anthocyanins that may protect against diabetes and obesity.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar:
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar reduces certain enzymes in the stomach. ACV can also improve the insulin sensitivity after meals. This is one of the top foods that don't raise blood sugar.
6. Leafy Greens:
Leafy greens are high in fibre and nutrients like magnesium and vitamin A. These nutrients can help lower the blood sugar levels. This is one of the top foods that don't raise blood sugar.
7. Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds will help lower the LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, as it is rich in fibre, healthy fats, omega 3s, calcium and antioxidants.
8. Cocoa Seeds:
These are high in antioxidants and contain a flavanol called epicatechin that regulates glucose production by activating key proteins.
9. Blueberries And Blackberries:
These do not raise your blood sugar levels as much as other fruits. These berries are high in fibre and contain the highest levels of anthocyanins. They prevent the spike in blood sugar after eating starch. This is one of the top foods that don't raise blood sugar.
10. Almonds And Other Nuts:
Almonds can regulate and reduce the rise in blood sugar after meals and prevents diabetes. Studies have found that people who consumed 2 ounces of almonds per day had lower levels of fasting glucose and insulin.
- How Much Fruits Should Diabetics Eat Daily:Best Fruits For Diabetics
- 11 Healthy Snacks For Those With Diabetes
- From Curing Diabetes To Detox, Here Are 15 Medicinal Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Eating These Foods Can Help In Stabilizing Blood Sugar Levels Of Type-2 Diabetics
- What's The Best Way To Prepare Sweet Potatoes?
- Ramadan And Diabetes: Risks And Solutions
- Here Are 10 Health Benefits Of Jamun
- Here Are 16 Best Foods To Control Diabetes
- Bitter Gourd Juice For Diabetes And Weight Loss
- Combat Diabetes With These Diets And Superfoods
- Sex And Diabetes: High Blood Sugar Can Hamper Your Sex Life! Here's How To Tackle The Issue
- Ayurveda And Diabetes: 8 Ayurvedic Tips For Treating Diabetes