- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 1 hr ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 12 December 2019
- Technology Jio Removes Rs. 49 JioPhone Recharge Plan, Base Plan Debuts At Rs. 75
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Movies Saath Nibhana Saathiya's Rucha Hasabnis Blessed With Baby Girl; Devoleena & Adaa Congratulate Her
- News JNU protest: Students vacated admin building, will attend office, says VC; JNUSU dismisses claim
- Sports India vs West Indies: Key takeaways from T20 series: KL Rahul grabs chance; Rishabh Pant disappoints again
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
A healthy diet is essential for reversing diabetes. Certain things that you can eat and drink and that have a low glycaemic index (GI), will make sure that your blood sugar levels never rise.
These foods don't raise your blood sugar levels and help you avoid a blood sugar spike. In addition to your diet, staying or becoming active is also important.
Hence, you need to know which foods you must add to your diet plan. You may be able to prevent prediabetes or type 2 diabetes with this diet plan.
Eating them as healthy alternatives to sugar, high GI carbohydrates or other treats will help your body big time.
In this article, we have listed the top foods that don't raise blood sugar levels. Read further to know more!
Avocados have a low GI and these make for a diabetes-friendly diet. These contain monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) that are important components of a healthy blood sugar eating plan.
2. Fish With Omega 3s:
Fish is great source of protein and is low in unhealthy fats and is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Some of the best fish for this include salmon, trout, etc.
Garlic has the potential to manage blood sugar levels. Garlic intake can lower the fasting blood glucose, which is your blood sugar level when you haven't eaten.
4. Sour Cherries:
Sour cherries have a low GI score and is suitable for diabetics. Sour cherries contain chemicals called anthocyanins that may protect against diabetes and obesity.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar:
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar reduces certain enzymes in the stomach. ACV can also improve the insulin sensitivity after meals. This is one of the top foods that don't raise blood sugar.
6. Leafy Greens:
Leafy greens are high in fibre and nutrients like magnesium and vitamin A. These nutrients can help lower the blood sugar levels. This is one of the top foods that don't raise blood sugar.
7. Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds will help lower the LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, as it is rich in fibre, healthy fats, omega 3s, calcium and antioxidants.
8. Cocoa Seeds:
These are high in antioxidants and contain a flavanol called epicatechin that regulates glucose production by activating key proteins.
9. Blueberries And Blackberries:
These do not raise your blood sugar levels as much as other fruits. These berries are high in fibre and contain the highest levels of anthocyanins. They prevent the spike in blood sugar after eating starch. This is one of the top foods that don't raise blood sugar.
10. Almonds And Other Nuts:
Almonds can regulate and reduce the rise in blood sugar after meals and prevents diabetes. Studies have found that people who consumed 2 ounces of almonds per day had lower levels of fasting glucose and insulin.