Do you often suffer with gastric problems, or is it always after a heavy meal that you suffer from gas? Well, the problem is temporary but the acute pain and bloating cause uneasiness in the stomach.
A gassy stomach can occur at any time of the day and it is often becomes painful, leading to stomach cramps, bloating, heartburn and heaviness. Gas can collect in your stomach in two ways - either by eating or drinking.
When the food is digested in the stomach, gases like carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen are emitted and this gets accumulated in the stomach.
Some foods also cause gas in the stomach like cabbage, beans, lentils and other sugary fruit juices. But, the good thing is that you do not need to worry if you know how to relieve gas fast with these 13 home remedies. So, go ahead and take a look.
1. Ajwain Seeds Or Carom Seeds
Ajwain has medicinal properties, which is used for many medicinal purposes. The seeds contain a compound called thymol, which secretes gastric juices that bring relief to gastric problems.
Add 3-4 tsp of carom seeds to half a cup of boiling water.
Strain the mixture and drink it.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar works effectively in reducing gas from the stomach. Apple cider vinegar provides an instant relief from gas and also treats indigestion.
Add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and let the mixture cool.
Drink this solution to soothe your stomach.
Mint is an effective home remedy in reducing gastric problems. It is soothing for the digestive system and dissolves large gas pockets that contribute to bloating. You can either chew the leaves raw or you can make some mint tea.
- Boil the water and add it to 2 tsp of mint leaves.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- Drink the mint tea daily.
Cinnamon is another essential remedy that gives an instant relief from stomach gas. It helps to soothe the stomach and promotes better digestion.
- Add ½ a tsp of cinnamon and ½ a tsp of honey to a cup of warm milk.
- Drink this mixture whenever you suffer with gas.
RELATED: Amazing Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
Ginger is a very good remedy for gas trouble because it contains gingerols and shogals that relax the intestinal tract. Ginger also helps in reducing the inflammation and cures indigestion.
- You can chew a small amount of raw, fresh ginger after your meals.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ground ginger to half a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes and drink it thrice a day.
6. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are a natural remedy to curb gas. The seeds are anti-spasmodic that aids in digestion and allows the gas to be eliminated quickly.
- Add 1 tbsp of fennel seeds to boiling water.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes and let it steep.
- Strain and drink it to get rid of the gas.
7. Black Pepper
Black pepper contains potassium that helps improve the stomach's ability to digest foods. It discourages intestinal gas from forming and stimulates the production of gastric juices and hydrochloric acid, which aid in proper digestion.
- Mix ½ a tsp of black pepper powder with jaggery.
- Stir the mixture in ½ a glass of buttermilk and drink.
Drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning is a healthy habit. Lemon is a very good home remedy in easing the pain because of the acid in lemon that stimulates the production of HCl (hydrochloric acid), which is what breaks down the food.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice to a cup of warm water and drink it daily.
Buttermilk not only tastes good but it also has health benefits. It contains lactic acid, which helps to relieve you from gas problems.
- In a glass of buttermilk, add black salt and cumin powder to it to make it tasty.
10. Asafoetida (Hing)
Asafoetida is very effective in reducing the gas and bloating. It acts as an anti-flatulent that prevents the growth of gut bacteria that produces excess gas in the stomach.
- Add ½ a tsp of hing to lukewarm water and drink it.
Garlic is another natural ingredient that is always available in the kitchen. The pungent odour and the heating quality of garlic helps in stimulating the gastric fire, which aids in proper digestion.
- Add freshly ground garlic, black pepper and cumin seeds to a cup of boiling water.
- Strain all the ingredients and drink this garlic solution.
12. Guava Leaves
Guava leaves are an effective remedy in treating gastrointestinal issues because they reduce the extra mucus that irritates the digestive tract. It also contains antimicrobial properties that relieve you from gas instantly.
- Take a handful of guava leaves and boil them in water.
- Strain the leaves and drink the water.
13. Indian Gooseberry Or Amla
Amla is packed with anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants. It is also rich in fibre, which regulates the acid levels in the stomach. It reduces the toxic load on the stomach and treats stomach pain, constipation, flatulence, etc.
You can make amla juice and drink it.
Eat it raw with a pinch of salt added to it.
Share This Article!
If you liked this article, share it with your close ones.
ALSO READ: 10 Powerful Benefits Of Drumstick Leaves
- These Habits Are To Be Blamed If You Have Been Gassy Lately
- Foods That Cause Gas In The Stomach
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Hold In Poop
- What Is SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Growth)?
- Best Methods To Use Ginger For An Upset Stomach And Gas Troubles
- Is Farting Good For Your Health?
- 7 Unusual Reasons For Bloating That Have Nothing To Do With Food!
- Try This Home Remedy And You Will Never Suffer From Indigestion Again!
- Home Remedy To Reduce Stomach Gas Quickly!
- Simple Natural Remedies To Treat Chronic Indigestion
- Home Remedy For Acid Burps That Really Works!
- Gas Too Smelly? Here Are Some Unusual Reasons Why!
- 10 Effective Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose