- 47 min ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 2 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 2 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Uthappa hundred takes Kerala to 276/3 as Delhi spinners falter on opening day
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- News Honeypreet meets Sirsa Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim at Rohtak jail
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The festival of colours is here, the most awaited one. Holi is one festival that is celebrated all across India by people of all castes and creed. But if you are one among the lot who wants to play but is scared of the chemicals present in the colours as you are allergic to them, then we have a solution for you.
Wondering how to prevent allergies and protect our skin during Holi? Today in this article we will be explaining about a few natural and organic holi colours that one can prepare at home and are safe to use. Even if you are allergic to colours, still you can enjoy playing holi with natural and organic colours.
Also Read: Eye Care Tips For Holi
The benefits of using these organic Holi colours is that it is good for the skin, helps in preventing allergies, nausea, respiratory problems and eye infections and are also eco-friendly.
Unlike the synthetic Holi colours that are readily available in the market and which contain a lot of metals and toxic substance, the organic Holi colours are prepared at home using natural products like flowers, herbs and even fruits.
Here are a few tips to prepare organic and healthy holi colours at home. Take a look.
Getting black natural colour is very simple. All that you need to do is boil dried amla in an iron vessel and then leave it overnight. Dilute with water and then it is ready. Yet another option is extracting the juice of black grapes and then diluting it with water.
Take a few stalks of saffron, soak them in a small bowl of water and leave them for a few hours. Grind the soaked saffron until it forms a paste. Dilute it in water and then use it. This is one of the best natural colours for holi.
Take one beetroot, grate it well and then soak it in water or you could also boil it. This will be one of the best natural magenta colours for playing holi.
4. Hibiscus Flower:
There are two excellent ways to get organic and natural red colour. Take a few red hibiscus flowers and soak them overnight. Another way is to take two teaspoons of red sandalwood powder and then boil it well along with water. Dilute it with water and then use it.
One of the best ways to get natural yellow colour is turmeric powder. Take two teaspoons of turmeric, mix it along with 4-5 teaspoons of gram flour and then use it. Without any fear of allergy, you can use this mixture. Also you can take a few marigold flowers, boil them in water and then leave overnight.
6. Mehendi Powder:
Take 3-4 teaspoons of mehendi powder and dissolve it in water. Stir it well and then leave it for an hour or two to get that dark green colour. Also, you can use spinach leaves, grind them well and then dilute it with water. Your organic green colour is ready.
The best way to get organic blue colour is berries. Just crush the berries well and then mix it along with water. There you have your natural blue holi colour.