- News Man detained for shouting 'Down down NPA' minutes before FM arrives for CAA event
- Sports India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI, Live Score: Aaron Finch wins toss, elects to bat in series-decider at Chinnaswamy
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Surely, most of us would know by now how important dental hygiene is, right?
Right from a very young age, we are advised and trained by our parents to brush our teeth twice every day, once in the morning and once at night.
However, many of us may not follow this rule and end up having unhygienic teeth, or even worse cavities and gum problems.
Now, in the process of brushing our teeth, we are also supposed to clean our tongues, either by brushing it with the tooth brush or by using a tongue scraper to remove all the excess white coating accumulated on the tongue.
Apart from giving you a bad breath and making people cringe when you talking, not keeping your tongue clean can also cause certain health complications!
There are over 700 different bacterial species living in the mouth. Some are healthy and others are not, so it is extremely important to keep your tongue clean.
Here is what happens when you do not clean your tongue.
1. Duller Taste Buds
The bacterial coating on your tongue becomes more dense when you don't brush it, eventually making your taste buds go numb!
2. Black Hairy Tongue
This is a condition in which your tongue gets stained from food dyes and beverages like coffee, because you are not brushing away the coating, thus giving your tongue a permanent dark and furry appearance!
3. Yeast Infection
Although yeast infection is usually associated with the genital organs, it can also affect your mouth, when the harmful fungi on the tongue multiply due to the lack of brushing.
4. Periodontal Disease
The bacteria buildup on the tongue can spread to your teeth and gums, when it is not brushed away, causing infection and inflammation of the gums, known as the periodontal disease.