Many Indians wear copper bracelets. Both men and women wear them. Wearing copper seems to have a therapeutic effect on the body and that is why since centuries people wore copper ornaments.
If you are allergic to copper, you can skip using it but otherwise, copper seems to boost immunity and offer several other health benefits too.
Also Read: Why Drink Water From Copper Containers?
Very less scientific evidence is available explaining the benefits. But still, there are no side effects of wearing a copper bracelet unless your skin is allergic or sensitive to copper. Here are some more facts.
Copper bracelets are said to relieve stiffness in the joints. Those who are suffering from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis experience stiffness.
They may find some relief after trying a copper bracelet. Actually, a copper bracelet sits on the wrist. How it reduces joint stiffness experienced in other areas of the body is still a mystery.
Apart from reducing joint stiffness, copper bracelets are also said to minimise the joint pain especially in those who suffer from arthritis. (Some sources claim that copper can have an anti-inflammatory effect.
Also Read: Tips To Clean Copper Vessels At Home
Helps In Mineral Absorption
A study claims that the micro-minerals like zinc and iron which are present in bracelets made of copper mix with sweat and get absorbed into the body. If a person is deficient in those minerals, the problem gets solved.
Better Than Supplements
Some sources claim that copper bracelets work better than supplements. The reasons could be this: micro-minerals are more effective as they can directly get into the blood stream through sweat. It can offer benefits for joints and tissues in the long run.
Copper deficiency could cause a condition known as aortic aneurysms. This deficiency could also raise bad cholesterol levels which could affect your heart health. So, wearing a copper bracelet could be healthy for your heart in the long run.
Copper has some other benefits too. It can reduce the toxic effects of other metals, it can trigger certain enzymes in the body to produce hemoglobin.
Also Read: Are You Getting Enough Copper?
Copper bracelets also seem to make the person wearing them feel better. Copper can also slow down the ageing process as it is high in antioxidants.
- 11 Foods Rich In Copper That You Need To Add In Your Diet
- Why Drink Water From Copper Containers?
- Are You Getting Enough Copper?
- Importance Of Wearing A Copper Ring, As Per Astrology
- Health Benefits Of Drinking Water From A Copper Bottle Or Glass
- 6 Nutrients That Prevents Thinning Of Hair
- Tasty Recipe To Try With Copper Vessels
- You Can Lose Weight Naturally With These 15 Drinks!
- Father's Day 2018: 6 Tips To Aid Longevity In Men
- Here’s What Happens In A Urine Culture Test
- 11 Healthy Snacks For Those With Diabetes
- Here Are 5 Ways To Make Your Child Eat Healthy, Say Experts