- 16 min ago National Girl Child Day 2020: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- 43 min ago Kangana Ranaut's Hairband Wouldn't Have Made Frida Kahlo Happy But Her Outfit Is Pretty
- 2 hrs ago Exclusive: Signs That You Are Dating A F**kboy, Let’s Hear It From Women!
- 3 hrs ago Here’s Why You Must Not Beg Your Partner To Stay In A Relationship
- News Resolutions against CAA 'political gesture', states hardly have any role: Shashi Tharoor
- Movies Harvey Weinstein Rape Trail Begins, 2 Years After #MeToo First Took Place
- Finance RBI May Hold Interest Rates Steady Next Month
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Sports Real Madrid have to be alert to Mbappe signs amid links - Nacho
- Technology Lenovo K11 Clears NBTC Certification: Might Hit Shelves Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A lot has been said about the health benefits of fruits and vegetables but very less is being talked about the health benefits of flowers.
Flowers heal on various levels. Some heal with their smell or perfume whereas some edible flowers are used in alternative medicine. Some flowers heal even with their presence.
Also Read: 13 Health Benefits Of Hibiscus Flower
The best thing about them is that they are relaxing and soothing. They can even lift your mood. Here are several other health benefits that flowers offer.
Flowers can impact your emotions. As they create a relaxing atmosphere, your emotions undergo a positive impact.
When someone falls sick, we generally offer flowers and wish for speedy recovery. A study claims that this practice surely helps. Firstly, the person receiving flowers may feel happy for the concern someone is showing.
And secondly, flowers by their very nature give a boost to the emotional state of a person. All these aspects work on a sub conscious level.
In some alternative healing methods, roses are used for digestive issues and liver issues. Dandelion is used to treat anemia and jaundice. In fact, dandelion tea is said to purify blood.
Marigold flowers are used to heal minor cuts and injuries on the skin as they have antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. Valerian flowers are used to treat headaches and insomnia.
Even sunflower is used to treat sore throat, menstrual pain, ulcers and canker sores.
Some studies also claim that looking at fresh flowers every morning can reduce anxiety and reduce the risk of depression. Some flowers can also make you feel energetic.
In some places, flowers are kept near the bed and the pillows as their soothing presence helps fall asleep faster.
Some studies say that keeping plants and flowers indoors can boost your concentration. As plants supply oxygen to the indoor spaces your brain cells feel charged.
Alternative therapists admit that gardening is a healing activity. One reason why flower gardening can be healing is due to the floral scents that instantly relax your moods.