There is an old-age maxim which goes like this, "You are what you eat". The food we consume today plays a very important role in the way we look.
The secret to being healthy lies in our kitchen. Did you know that the mostly ignored box of raisins in your kitchen can actually have several health benefits? Yes, it is true. Here, we shall list a few of the amazing health benefits of raisins.
Raisins which are easily found in Indian kitchen can be added to many savouries and sweet dishes like Biryani and Sevaiyan to enhance its taste. Raisins might not look too appetising to your palate, owing to their aged appearance but when it comes to benefits for the body, there are plenty of them.
Raisins are derived from the Latin word "racemes", which literally means a cluster of grapes. Raisins have its genesis in the ancient day Persia and Egypt.
In olden days, raisins were used as a barter, given away as a prize. Many historians also described it as a magical ingredient that has a solution for disease treatmenst to managing old age.
If we call raisins an elixir of beauty and youth, then it won't be an exaggeration.
So, let us look at some of the health benefits of raisins.
1. Protects The Skin By Reversing The Ageing Signs
The secret to a radiant and youthful skin lies in consuming raisins. Raisins protect your skin from ageing and keeps the damage-causing free radicals at bay. The collagen which is present in raisins gives elasticity to the skin and prevents it from sagging.
2. For Improved Blood Circulation
Consuming raisins regularly can actually aid in improving blood circulation. They are a good source of iron that helps in regulating the circulation of blood in the body.
3. Keeps Your Teeth & Gums Strong
Consuming raisins regularly helps in keeping your teeth and gums healthy and strong. Oleanolic acid present in raisins helps in preventing plaque formation and tooth decay. Raisins have anti-infection properties that keep the teeth from decaying. The calcium found in raisins prevents the breakage or chipping.
4. Prevents The Skin From Sun Damage
Every day our skin is exposed to the damaging rays of the sun which can harm our skin. Raisins contain phytochemicals that protect our skin from the damage caused by the sun. Raisins are also packed with amino acids that help in repairing the skin. It also forms a layer over the skin, protecting it from sun damage and skin cancers.
5. Stops Premature Greying Of Hair
Include black raisins in your diet to stop untimely greying of your locks. Raisins are a rich source of Vitamin C and iron that aid in the absorption of minerals and thereby provide nourishment to the strands. Consume raisins on a daily basis for beautiful dark hair.
So, include raisins in your daily diet for its numerous health and beauty benefits.
- Top 12 Potassium-rich Fruits That You Should Start Eating Now
- 10 Indian Home Remedies For Fever
- Eggless Dry Fruit Cake Recipe: How To Prepare Eggless Dry Fruit Cake At Home
- How To Use Gelatin For Joint Pain
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Eating Soaked Raisins (Kishmish)
- Easy And Delicious Sweet Corn Kheer
- Get Rid Of Constipation Instantly With This Dry Fruit!
- Delicious Dry Grapes Curry Recipe
- Benefits Of Eating Raisins Everyday
- 10 Benefits Of Raisins In Pregnancy
- Health Benefits Of Herring Fish You Probably Didn't Know
- This Is Why Chewing Raw Mustard Seeds Is Good