Are you wondering what camphor oil is good for? Camphor oil is an extract of camphor tree. One peculiar thing about camphor oil is its strong smell which also gives a healing effect.
Since centuries, camphor oil has been used externally as a remedy for many types of health issues. It is a good pain reliever and it also reduces itching. It is a good remedy for osteoarthritis, hemorrhoids, cold sores and warts.
Also Read: Essential Oils For Gut Health
It can also treat respiratory issues and even cough. Here are some of the health benefits of camphor oil.
It Works Like A Decongestant
Actually, in most of the balms and vapour rubs, camphor oil is used mainly because it works like a decongestant. If you are suffering from stuffy nose or feel congestion in the chest, try massaging your chest with a few drops of camphor oil.
It Works Like An Analgesic
Camphor oil can work like a pain reliever too. If you have burns, insect stings, bites or warts which are causing pain, try to apply some camphor oil and experience relief.
Also Read: Times You Should Never Use Essential Oil
It Works Like An Anesthetic
Camphor oil can give a cooling sensation when it comes into contact with your skin. Using a drop to massage your scalp can help you sleep well.
It Is Anti-Inflammatory
If you are suffering from inflammatory issues like gout, rheumatism and arthritis, use camphor oil to massage the affected area for relief.
It Is Anti-Fungal
Camphor oil is anti fungal in nature. When applied topically, it can prevent fungal skin infections. Also, it is a natural insect repellent.
Also Read: Natural Essential Oils For Back Pain
Camphor oil can treat itchy sensation on skin and reduces irritation. It ca also heal chapped skin. Also, camphor can boost circulation when applied and massaged on skin.
Don't use camphor oil without consulting a doctor. Also, never consume it as it is toxic and could damage your liver.
Also, children and pregnant women should avoid camphor oil. If you have cuts or open wounds on skin, camphor oil may aggravate your pain when applied.
- Did You Know Chewing Gum Can Help You In Getting Rid Of The Double Chin?
- How To Remove Dark Circles Overnight?
- Ayurveda And Diabetes: 8 Ayurvedic Tips For Treating Diabetes
- 10 Home Remedies To Cure Breast Pain
- Now Reduce Your Risk Of Lung Cancer With This Ancient Elixir
- This Ancient Raw Garlic Remedy Can Help You Lose 3 Kilos In A Month!
- Best Oils & Remedies To Grow Eyelashes Faster At Home
- Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat During Pregnancy
- Home Remedies For Pimples That Can Be Tried On Any Skin Type
- Single-ingredient Home Remedies For Dark Neck That Can Be A True Saviour
- 10+ Home Remedies That Will Certainly Clear Your Chin Blackheads
- Why Rub Alcohol In Navel For Cold?