Are there any foods that trigger arthritis attacks? Diet plays an important role in reducing or aggravating the symptoms of certain medical conditions.
Yes, there are some foods that worsen arthritis. It is better to stay away from them. Arthritis is nothing but the pain caused due to the inflammation in joints.
If you are suffering form arthritis, consult your doctor to know what to eat and what to avoid. Here is a list of the foods that worsen arthritis.
Foods Made Of White Flour
White flour is refined flour which is devoid of many necessary nutrients. Foods made of refined flours could trigger inflammation. If you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, avoid refined flour.
Omega 6 Fatty Acids
Yes, omega 6 fatty acids are essential but excessive consumption could increase the production of inflammatory compounds in the body. Avoid too much of mayonnaise, vegetable oils, sunflower oil and corn oil.
Even sugar can increase inflammation. If you are eating candies, cakes, sugary drinks or sweets too much, then your arthritis pain could worsen.
Just like sugar, even too much of salt in your diet can also affect your arthritis pain. Studies claim that excessive salt consumption could raise the risk of autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and multiple sclerosis.
It is better to avoid fries too. Foods like donuts and French fries contain saturated fat which raise inflammation in the body. Inflammation could worsen the pain of arthritis.
Also Read: 20 Foods To Ease Arthritis Pain
When certain foods are grilled, pasteurised or heated, they tend to produce certain toxins (Glycation end product). These toxins do trigger inflammation. It is better to avoid foos that are heated excessively.
In some people, the ingredients of dairy products could cause irritation in the joints worsening the arthritis pain. May be, avoiding meat and dairy could help in such cases. Prefer plant-based protein.
- 11 Natural Home Remedies For Arm Pain
- Things That No One Tells You About Pregnancy
- Causes Of Tail Bone Pain And How To Relieve It During Pregnancy
- Handling Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- Do You Know These 24 Herbs & Spices That Kill Pain Fast?
- Secret To Have Healthy Pain-free Knees Revealed!
- Here Is Why Your Stomach Hurts After You Eat
- Here Is The Reason Why Your Shoulders Are Always Killing You!
- Reasons Why You Have Breast Pain
- World Arthritis Day: How To Prevent Arthritis In Young Adults
- Ease Your Pain With These Natural Painkillers
- Foods You Must Start Eating At The First Sign Of Pain Or Discomfort
- 8 Foods To Avoid For Arthritis