- Movies Disha Patani On Working In Bollywood: 'I Think It Takes Time To Find The Right Script'
- News The importance of gunning down JeM terrorist Abu Saifullah alias Abu Qasim
- Finance Best 5 Tax Saving Options With Good Return For Risk-Averse Investors
- Technology Why You Should Choose An SSD To Amplify Performance Of Your Gaming Computer
- Sports Tough tasks await Barcelona and Real Madrid in derbi-packed La Liga weekend
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Exports To Latin America, Africa & Asia Begins
- Travel 7 Popular Indian Landmarks To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
You might all know about the fact that raw foods must never be eaten. You put yourself under a major risk of being affected by food-borne illnesses. There are certain foods that should not at any cost be eaten raw.
This article is all about those foods that you should not consume raw. There are certain raw foods that contain natural toxins and sugars that are hard to digest. These can cause gastrointestinal distress and several other symptoms.
In a few other foods, they might contain harmful bacteria in their uncooked or unpasteurized form. So, continue reading to know more about the foods that should not be eaten raw.
This shouldn't be eaten raw because the uncooked starch in potatoes can cause digestive problems like bloating and gas.
Uncooked sprouts are a hot-spot for bacteria like salmonella, E. coli and listeria species. Wash them throughly and cook them before eating.
3. Red Kidney Beans:
Eating raw kidney beans can result in nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea from a naturally occurring lectin and phytohaemagglutinin.
Never give raw honey to kids, as in its unpasterized form, it may contain grayonotoxin, which is a neurotoxin found in rhododendron nectar.
Raw yucca contains cyanide and hence must never be eaten raw. It must be dried, soaked in water, rinsed and cooked before eating. This is one of the top foods that should not be eaten raw.
Unpasteurized raw milk contains disease-causing bacteria like E coli and listeria.
7. Cruciferous Vegetables:
Eating raw cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage, etc., is harmful, as they contain sugars that are extremely hard to digest. Cooking them makes the sugar more digestible.