- 1 hr ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 1 hr ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 1 hr ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 1 hr ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Shanaya Kapoor: 'I Would Get Emotional And Just Die If Karan Johar Ever Directs Me'
- News Govt has cancelled Nithyananda's passport
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Chahar gets rid of Simmons early
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
You might all know about the fact that raw foods must never be eaten. You put yourself under a major risk of being affected by food-borne illnesses. There are certain foods that should not at any cost be eaten raw.
This article is all about those foods that you should not consume raw. There are certain raw foods that contain natural toxins and sugars that are hard to digest. These can cause gastrointestinal distress and several other symptoms.
In a few other foods, they might contain harmful bacteria in their uncooked or unpasteurized form. So, continue reading to know more about the foods that should not be eaten raw.
This shouldn't be eaten raw because the uncooked starch in potatoes can cause digestive problems like bloating and gas.
Uncooked sprouts are a hot-spot for bacteria like salmonella, E. coli and listeria species. Wash them throughly and cook them before eating.
3. Red Kidney Beans:
Eating raw kidney beans can result in nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea from a naturally occurring lectin and phytohaemagglutinin.
Never give raw honey to kids, as in its unpasterized form, it may contain grayonotoxin, which is a neurotoxin found in rhododendron nectar.
Raw yucca contains cyanide and hence must never be eaten raw. It must be dried, soaked in water, rinsed and cooked before eating. This is one of the top foods that should not be eaten raw.
Unpasteurized raw milk contains disease-causing bacteria like E coli and listeria.
7. Cruciferous Vegetables:
Eating raw cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage, etc., is harmful, as they contain sugars that are extremely hard to digest. Cooking them makes the sugar more digestible.