There are carcinogens lurking in many foods and these are the ones that are directly responsible for causing and spreading of cancer.
Some of the examples of carcinogens are tobacco, asbestos, plutonium, etc. Many common foods have been linked to a wide range of cancers. For example, carcinogenic foods have been labeled under carcinogenic to human category.
Some studies have even shown that there is a casual association between red meat and colorectal cancer.
You need to be aware of these foods that are very harmful for human health and can increase your risk of cancer.
In this article, we have listed some of the top foods that can cause cancer. Read further to know about the foods that are likely to cause cancer.
1. Canned Tomatoes:
The lining of all canned foods are made of a chemical called bisphenol-A or BPA. Even a small exposure to BPA can increase the risk of breast cancer, prostate cancer, infertility, early puberty, metabolic disorders and type 2 diabetes.
It is advised to buy fresh tomatoes from the market rather than go for canned ones. This is one of the top cancer-causing foods to avoid.
2. Hydrogenated Oils:
Hydrogenated oils are used to preserve processed foods. But these oils can influence the cell membranes and flexibility and can lead to cancer. This is one of the top foods that can cause cancer.
3. Certain Dairy Products:
Experts have discovered a link between high calcium intake and development of prostate cancer. This is because calcium-rich dairy products can lower your body's count of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3. This hormone is known to protect men against prostrate cancerous cells.
4. Processed And Red Meat:
These foods contain various chemicals and preservatives, including sodium nitrates that are well-known carcinogens. In order to enjoy meat freely, you need to go for organic and hormone-free variety.
Breads, baked goods and starchy supermarket products have been laced with potassium bromate. This is known to be a potential human carcinogen by nature. This is one of the foods that is likely to cause cancer.
6. Refined Sugars:
Tumorous cells use sugars to feed on themselves and grow in size. In order to grow, cancer cells thrive on fructose-rich sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup.
Alcohol abuse is also the leading cause of cancer. Excessive alcohol is the main cause of mouth, oesophagus, liver, colon, rectum and breast cancers.
8. Foods That Contain Saturated Fatty Acids In Excess:
Post-menopausal women with the highest saturated fat intake had an increased risk of breast cancer by over 30%, compared with those who ate the least. These fats are present in highly processed fats, fatty meats, cheeses and butter-filled desserts. This are top foods that can cause cancer.
- Here's Why Ramadan Is The Best Time To Quit Smoking
- From Curing Diabetes To Detox, Here Are 15 Medicinal Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Fungal Nail Infection Treating Pill Could Help Cure Bowel Cancer
- Do You Know About The Cancer-preventing Pizza?
- Reminder For The 40s: Get Yourself A Colon And Rectal Cancer Screening, NOW!
- This Plan Can Help In Cutting The Risk Of Cancer By 40%
- What's The Best Way To Prepare Sweet Potatoes?
- These Diets Can Help Lower The Risk Of Cancer And Heart Diseases, WHO Reveals
- E-cigarette Flavours Are Not Safe For You, They Produce Toxins
- 10 Skin Cancer Myths And Facts You Probably Didn't Know
- Tips To Prevent Cancer Naturally
- This New Breakthrough Could Detect Early Signs Of Cancers