- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
There are steadfast traditions that people all over the world follow without skipping a beat. These traditions are followed from generations to generations and people tend to blindly follow them.
Having a good understanding of your eyesight is the foundation of a solid eye care plan.
Being exposed to repetitive mentions of something at a young age can make us develop notions about the subject.
It is time that we debunked the common eyesight myths that we have been hearing since our childhood.
Depending on where you get your health advice from, a lot of it can be fake. There are some common beliefs that you need to steer clear of when it comes to your eyesight.
Here we have listed some of the eyesight myths you need to stop believing. Read further to know about the vision myths that you must avoid.
1. Looking Directly At The Sun Is Good For The Health:
The sun emits ultraviolet radiations that can penetrate the eyes. Constant exposure to both UVA and UVB can increase your risk of developing various eye conditions like retinopathy, corneal sunburn and pterygium.
2. Welding Can Make You Blind:
This is one of the most widespread childhood myths. In reality, it is impossible to go blind from welding but it is easy to get a sunburn. Covering the eyes with an eye mask is important to protect it from sparks.
3. Bad Eyesight Is Inherited:
This is only a misconception. It is true that illnesses are inherited, but it does not mean that it is always a reality. It also depends on factors like your lifestyle, profession, habits and level of eye stress. This is one of the eyesight myths you need to stop believing.
4. Glasses Make The Situation Worse:
In reality, optics only help the eye to adjust to the necessary sharpness. Glasses are not an exercise machine or a medicine but something that helps you set your eye defect and see properly.
5. You Must Not Read While Lying Down:
Recent research proved that people prone to myopia can develop this illness at a slower rate if you read while lying on your backs.
5. Reading In Dark Places Can Ruin Your Eyesight:
The retinal rods are photoreceptors that can help you see clearly in dimmed places. It gives you the natural ability to see in low-lit situations.
6. You're Damaging Your Vision If You Squint:
When we squint, we're allowing less light in the eyes and make our pupils smaller. This won't cause permanent vision damage, but you can develop headaches due to the contraction of muscles. This is another common eyesight myth that you need to stop believing.
7. Vision Loss Is A Natural Part Of Ageing:
The vision is not a reflection of age, except for cataracts. Not everyone will develop this, but they do occur with age.