- 1 hr ago Taapsee Pannu And Bhumi Pednekar Give Us Party Looks That We Can Easily Ace
- 2 hrs ago 8 Things That Your Mother May Want To Hear From You
- 3 hrs ago Arranged Marriages Can Be Better Than What You Think, Know From Real People Why!
- 4 hrs ago How To Remove Acrylic Nails At Home Without Damaging Your Nails
- Sports Korea Masters: Indian challenge ends as Srikanth and Sameer crash out
- Technology Bengaluru Residents To Get One hour Free Internet Daily
- News Cong slams govt over appointment of Pragya Thakur to parliamentary committee on defence
- Movies Kamya Punjabi To Marry Shalabh Dang On February 10; Reception To Be Held In Delhi
- Finance Does Sensex’s New High Mean Revival Of Growth In The Economy?
- Automobiles Ultraviolette F77: Top-Things To Know About The Latest Electric Sportsbike In India
- Travel 8 Exhilarating Water Adventures In India For Couples
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
There are several ailments that humans face and among them, chest congestion is also one of it. Chest congestion is also known as chest blockage.
It can cause terrible discomfort in people affected by it and can lead to severe problems in breathing.
As it is related to the respiratory tract, it can also trigger various signs and symptoms that can create discomfort in our lives.
Chest congestion arises due to mucus development in the chest.
There are simple home remedies that you can make use of in order to get relief from chest congestion. These natural remedies for chest congestion are totally safe for the body and do not come with any side effects.
In this article, we have listed some of the top home remedies for chest congestion. So, continue reading to find them out.
Boil a pot of water and inhale the steam by covering your head with a towel. This helps in thinning the mucus from the chest and also opens up the air passage in the mouth and nose.
2. Herbal Teas:
You can go for a herbal tea that is prepared out of anise seeds, ginseng, cardamom or rosemary. Herbal teas help in loosening the phlegm of the respiratory tract. They also help clear the blockage in the chest.
Broth or any other hot liquid like chicken soup is effective in clearing the congestion in the chest. Vegetable soup broth is a recommended option for vegetarians. This is one of the top home remedies for chest congestion.
4. Hot Towel Compress:
Compress the chest with a clean and hot towel by soaking it in water. This should be repeated for a couple of times, as it helps give relief from congestion. This is one of the best natural remedies for chest congestion.
5. Ginger Juice:
Fresh ginger juice mixed with little lemon juice and organic honey is one of the simplest relief for chest congestion.
6. Warm Milk And Turmeric:
Drinking warm milk each night with a hint of turmeric helps give relief from congestion. Taking this for a couple of days will also help remove the discomfort. This is how you can get rid of chest congestion fast.
7. Drink Plenty Of Water:
Keep the body hydrated by drinking about 10 glasses of water each day. This helps in loosening the phlegm and it also thins down the mucus.
8. Beneficial Fruits And Vegetables:
Pineapples, oranges, cauliflower and asparagus help with the treatment of chest congestion. Also, fresh fruits are highly beneficial in treating chest congestion.
Sauté some onions in olive oil and add some curry powder to it. This should be considered on a regular basis to get proper relief from chest congestion.
Fresh parsley helps in treating issues like cough and cold along with chest congestion. This is one of the best natural remedies for chest congestion.