- 4 hrs ago Erythritol: Health Benefits And Side Effects
- 4 hrs ago International Men's Day 2019: Things You Can Do To Make Your Man Feel Special
- 4 hrs ago This Winter Season, Keep Your Nail Game Strong With These Superb Trending Colours
- 6 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- News Vodafone Idea, Airtel to raise mobile service rates from December amid financial crunch
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 3GB RAM To Be Launched Soon In India: Price And Availability
- Sports Hope X1 Racing League revives stagnant Indian motorsport scene: Karthikeyan
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh Joins The Cast Of John Abraham And Jacqueline Fernandez Starrer Attack
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Does intermittent fasting boost testosterone? Well, intermittent fasting is nothing but eating your food during a particular period of time during the day. The rest of the day is considered as fasting period.
Some people generally eat all their meals between 6PM and 6AM. This means the rest of the day, they eat nothing as a part of their intermittent fasting.
Some people plan their meals between morning 7 to evening 7. They eat the daily required calories during those hours. This way, they eat all their meals during the 12 hour window of the day.
Now, the question is: does intermittent fasting boost testosterone? Does intermittent fasting boost growth hormone? Yes, intermittent fasting increases libido too. Read on to know the answers.
Does Intermittent Fasting Boost Testosterone?
Does intermittent fasting boost testosterone? In a study conducted on men of healthy weight, intermittent fasting seemed to boost testosterone by nearly 180%.
If you are not obese, then you may be able to control your T levels through restricted eating patterns through intermittent fasting.
Testosterone's Link With Insulin Sensitivity
Testosterone seems to have a link with insulin sensitivity. Your cortisol levels are high in the morning. But generally, we eat breakfast during that time.
The spike in glucose levels and the high cortisol levels may cause blood glucose levels to drop. That makes you eat more calories.
What Happens When You Skip Breakfast?
When you don't eat anything in the morning, you will be able to regulate insulin, blood glucose levels and even cortisol levels.
Intermittent Fasting Burns Fat
Intermittent fasting helps your body burn unwanted fat on a daily basis. If there's excess fat in the body, your body burns it.
Also, the toxins are thrown out. And when excess fat isn't there, it is a boost to your testosterone levels. If your body fat levels are high, your body will not be able to produce adequate levels of testosterone.
Intermittent Fasting Boosts Adiponectin
Intermittent fasting can boost adiponectin which is a hormone that improves insulin sensitivity. This hormone also has the capacity to solve the problem of insulin resistance.
Intermittent Fasting And HGH
Does intermittent fasting boost growth hormone? Yes, intermittent fasting also gives a boost to human growth hormone. Some studies claim that even a day of fasting can boost the growth hormone levels by nearly 100-2000%!
So men who fast regularly will be able to lose fat faster, train harder and also enjoy better testosterone levels. Some men who are into intermittent fasting also experience firmer morning erections.
Wait! Intermittent fasting isn't for everyone. Consult your doctor and know whether your current health condition permits such a lifestyle. Without doctor's permission, never try any diet!