- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago Don’t Break Your Fitness Regimen This Independence Day: Try This Healthy Tricolour Sandwich
- 14 hrs ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 18 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- Movies Raksha Bandhan Day 4 Box Office Collection: A Lackluster Weekend For Akshay Kumar's Film
- News Independence Day 2022: From Kashmir To Delhi, India put under heavy security cover for 75th I-Day celebration
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
Do tattoos affect exercise? Today, its cool to sport a tattoo that speaks volumes about your attitude. That gives you a unique identity and that's what gives you pride.
But a new study claims that tattoos can interfere with the way your body sweats! Do tattoos affect sweat glands? Yes, and that isn't good for your health in the long run.
We already know a lot about the health effects of tattoos but this new study claims that tattoos directly affect the sweat glands. Let us see how.
Do Tattoos Affect Your Workout?
Researchers studied a group of men who had tattoos to come to this conclusion. A chemical was used to stimulate the sweat glands of the participants. Once the sweat was released, data was recorded.
Tattoos May Block Sweat
What surprised the researchers was that the skin where the tattoo existed secreted 50% less sweat whereas the skin in other areas released more sweat!
They Affect Sodium Levels In The Sweat!
Researchers observed something else too. The sodium levels in the sweat that secreted from the tattooed areas was almost double!
Is there any risk because of this? Well, when a person's body is entirely filled with tattoos, heat management would be tougher as the body may not be able to cool itself faster through releasing sweat when the climate is too hot.
Tattoos Make It Tough To Bear The Heat
Researchers opine that people who need to work in heat (soldiers, athletes or fire fighters) may need to stay away from tattoos.
How Tattoos Kill Your Workout
Do tattoos affect exercise? If you regularly hit the gym, imagine how much your body would struggle after a workout if tattoos block the ability to sweat normally?
Its Too Early To Conclude!
Well, as this is a study which is first of its kind, health experts aren't sure whether to take the findings seriously. A lot more needs to be studied to know whether tattoos hamper your sweat pores.
- diet fitnessExperts Warn Certain Exercises May Increase COVID-19 Risk, What You Need To Know Before Going To Gym
- diet fitnessWant To Lose Thigh Fat? Try Out These 6 Exercises
- wellness15 Tips To Kickstart The Recovery Process After An Injury
- diet fitnessDynamic Warm-Up Exercises For Youth Athletes
- skin careThis Is The Skincare Routine You Should Follow Before Workout
- wellnessCovid-19 Lockdown: Simple Exercises You Can Do At Home
- diet fitnessTop 21 Foods To Build Muscle
- diet fitness13 Foods You Should Never Eat After Your Workout
- diet fitness15 Best Foods To Eat After A Workout
- diet fitness7 Surprising Benefits Of Working Out With A Partner
- diet fitnessHow Does Alcohol Affect Your Workout?
- diet fitness11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily