Endometriosis is a condition that is associated with the uterus and reproductive system of a woman. This disease is caused due to the endometrial cells that abnormally grow outside of the uterus.
When down with this condition, some women may experience mild symptoms. Meanwhile, others can have fertility problems, severe pain or various other symptoms.
It is important that you are aware of the symptoms of endometriosis. The primary symptom of endometriosis is pelvic pain, which is often associated with menstrual pain. Hence, people often tend to ignore this symptom.
Genetics also plays a role in determining whether you get endometriosis. If your mother or sister has it, you're more likely to have it as well. Research has shown that when there is a hereditary link, then the disease will get worse in the next generation.
Most of the time, endometriosis does not have much of a symptom. But when symptoms are present, then that pain is the worst.
To make you aware of some of the symptoms of endometriosis, we have listed about the same below. Read further to know more about the list of endometriosis symptoms.
1. Reduced Fertility:
This condition can make few women less fertile. Hence, they'll have trouble in getting pregnant. This reduced fertility is caused due to scarring, which prevents the egg movement from the ovary via the fallopian tube and this prevents the movement of the sperm. This tops the list of endometriosis symptoms.
2. Bladder Problems:
This is one of the well-known symptoms of endometriosis. With this, you may suffer from pain in the lower abdomen during bowel movements or while urinating. You'll experience a few changes from your normal urinary habits.
Fatigue occurs when the body of a woman reacts to this disease. The scarring that occurs and implanted tissues can make it a struggle for your body and result in constant fatigue.
4. Bowel Problems:
This condition can lead to bowel issues like diarrhoea, pain or constipation during the bowel movements. Further, there can be bleeding from the bowel or bladder. This is one of the main symptoms of endometriosis.
5. Painful Menstruation:
This is one among the common symptoms of endometriosis. Before ovulation, the pain can start a week prior and continue until a week after the end of menstruation. This pain can cause cramping.
6. Back Pain:
Back pain can be a painful symptom before, during and after menstruation. This can be caused by the uterus contracting or cramping. This is one of the main symptoms of endometriosis pain.
7. Excessive Bleeding During Menstruation:
Menstruation may persist for more than seven days. Excessive bleeding can result in low levels of iron that leads to hair loss, fatigue and mainly anaemia.
8. Abdominal Pain:
A few women with endometriosis may undergo chronic abdominal pain that never disappears. This pain is often accompanied with pelvic pain or lower back pain.
9. Pain After Or During An Intercourse:
One of the symptoms of endometriosis is related to intercourse. This type of pain is felt deep inside the body. The pain can increase during sex or right after it.
10. Inability To Exercise:
The scarring and foreign tissue can bind organs together, leading to tearing and pulling with certain movements. Exercises involving the abdominal muscles can cause the pelvic pain. Pain can also be caused due to running, walking or standing for longer hours.
- What Causes Endometriosis?
- 10 Must-Follow Diet Tips To Fight Endometriosis
- Endometriosis Increases The Risk Of Miscarriage - Finds Research; Best Ways To Prevent It
- Unusual Signs Of Endometriosis You Need To Know
- Women! Did You Know What Causes Endometriosis? Read To Find Out!
- Delayed Or Frequent Periods? You Might Be Suffering From One of These Problems
- Surprising Symptoms Of Endometriosis You Need To Know
- 8 Amazing Home Remedies For Endometriosis That Actually Work!
- Can Period Cramps Be A Symptom Of Endometriosis?
- 8 Signs You Are Eating Too Much Sugar
- 9 Signs Of Bone Cancer Or Osteosarcoma In Children (International Childhood Cancer Day)
- 9 Early Signs Of Lung Cancer You Must Become Aware Of
- 9 Signs And Symptoms That Show You Are Dehydrated