- Movies Shivarajkumar Fans Oppose Kangana Ranaut Being Facilitated With Padma Shri Award
- Sports IPL 2020: Know salary of Rohit Sharma and other Mumbai Indians players, purse remaining, costliest buy
- News 'Shaheen Bagh' takes centre stage in BJP's poll campaign
- Technology BSNL Revises Marutham Plan; Now Offering 300 Days Validity
- Finance Post Office Increase Minimum Balance For Savings A/c To Rs. 500
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Are you looking way too older than your age? Then, turns out that you're also at fault for this.
We agree that growing old is inevitable. But ageing before your time...well, this is something that you need to control by yourself.
Turns out that many of the habits that you do or follow every day might be making you look older than your age.
Ageing is one of the most common forms of insecurities. Correcting them with creams, peels and botox is one way.
But instead of shelling out a large sum of money on this, you can actually save up by just tweaking some of your common everyday habits.
In this article, we have listed some of the habits that can make you look older. So, read to know what they are to prevent the ageing signs from consuming you earlier.
1. Forgetting To Apply Sunscreen:
The number one thing you can do to make your skin look young and healthy is slathering on SPF. UV light exposure can cause free radicals that damage collagen, elastin and skin cells, leading to wrinkling and dark spots. This is one of the habits that can make you look older than your age.
2. Not Getting Enough Sleep:
Sleep can help you look younger for long. Your skin cells function on a circadian rhythm similar to the sleep-wake cycle. At night time, the body repairs the damage it endured during the day.
3. Not Eating Enough Fruits And Vegetables:
You need to eat the recommended 2-3 cups of vegetables a day. Studies have also suggested that eating a well-balanced diet loaded with disease-fighting fruits and vegetables can help prevent damage that can cause your skin to age. not eating fruits and veggies is one of the habits that can make you look older.
4. Eating Too Much Sugar:
Beyond affecting your waistline, starchy and sugary foods can cause all kinds of problems with your face too. Further, these foods can also damage your teeth to make matters worse.
Smoking tobacco can make you look older faster. Those who puffed on cigs experienced greater eye bags, more lip wrinkles and jowls. This is because smoking decreases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the skin by constricting blood vessels and cutting off blood circulation.
6. Drinking Too Much Alcohol:
There is a reason why no one looks great after having a beer, the night before. Alcohol can lower the antioxidant levels in the body and can cause inflammation and free radical damage to the skin cells. This is one of the things that can make you look older than your age.