- 58 min ago 8 Fantastic Tips If You Are Planning To Celebrate Your Parents' 50th Anniversary
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Malaika Arora: The Supermodel Who Inspires Us To Step Out Of Our Comfort Zone
- 1 hr ago 7 Reasons Why You Should Stick To Your True Friends, Not Fake Friends!
- 2 hrs ago 7 Science-backed Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Bugleweed
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7: Kuri Prathap's Remuneration Is Quite Impressive! Is He One Of The Highest-Paid?
- Sports Graeme Smith elected MCC Honorary Life Member
- Finance ICICI Bank Revises Fixed Deposit FD Interest Rates
- Technology Redmi K20 MIUI 11 Update Starts Rolling Out In India
- Automobiles MG Motor Could Introduce ZS SUV With Petrol & Hybrid Engine Options In India
- News Petrol pump strike: Fuel stations to shut operations for 24 hours in Rajasthan
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Did you know that leftover foods can get spoiled when not cooked or stored right? Further, you must never reheat rice more than once.
You need to refrigerate cooked potatoes quickly and heat them thoroughly to avoid botulism.
You need to refrigerate chicken and eggs within 2 hours of cooking it. Also, did you know that you need to boil spinach for at least 1 minute to avoid cancer risks? This article will let you know what foods should not be reheated.
You must never use reheated oil as it can raise the risk of heart diseases.
When there are leftovers in the fridge, they turn out to be lifesavers at the end of a long day at work.
But we often fail to realise that some of these foods cause more harm than good when reheated.
Apart from decrease in nutritional value, they also lead to the contamination by bacteria like E-coli or Salmonella.
In this article we have mentioned the list of foods that you should never reheat. Read further to know why these foods must not be reheated.
Eggs need to be consumed when they are fresh. Further, it is considered safer to avoid reheating eggs. Bacteria can thrive at temperatures between 40 degree F and 140 degree F and can spoil the food or make you ill. This is one of the foods that should never be reheated.
Yes, you heard that right! You must never reheat oil. Oil that has been used for deep frying must particularly never be reused. When you heat the oil to deep fry something, it destabilises the structure of the oil and breaks it down. When heated over 375 degree F, it accumulates a toxic substance that raises your levels of bad low density lipoprotein, LDL cholesterol. This is also one of the foods that you should never reheat.
Not all potato based foods are problematic when reheated. It depends on how well you store them after cooking them. Potatoes are the ideal growing environment for botulism causing growth of the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. If you leave them out at room temperature and don't chill them quickly, then you run the risk of allowing the bacteria to thrive.
Rice can pose a risk when reheated or reused. This is due to the bacteria that can multiply if the cooked rice isn't stored right or is stored for too long. Reheated rice can also increase the risk of food poisoning.
Chicken is another favourable breeding ground for bacteria like E-coli and Salmonella. This can make you fall sick with diarrhoea or food poisoning. The chicken that you plan to reheat must be cooked and stored right.
6. Spinach, Beets And Celery:
These veggies contain nitrates that are converted to nitrites due to bacterial action. Very high nitrite intake through diet can raise the risks of cancer. This is why these foods must not be reheated.