- 2 min ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 32 min ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 1 hr ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- 2 hrs ago 11 Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
- Movies Love Aaj Kal Actress Arushi Sharma: I Became Popular After Working With Ranbir Kapoor In Tamasha
- Finance ICICI Bank Introduces ‘iBox' For Self-Service Delivery Of Debit, Credit Cards, Cheques
- Sports Premier Badminton League: Pune 7 Aces take on Chennai Superstarz
- Technology HyperX Fury Ultra Gaming Mouse Pad With 360-Degree RGB Lighting Launched In India
- News Viral video shows exhausted doctor treating coronavirus crying after working for days without sleep
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Did you know that leftover foods can get spoiled when not cooked or stored right? Further, you must never reheat rice more than once.
You need to refrigerate cooked potatoes quickly and heat them thoroughly to avoid botulism.
You need to refrigerate chicken and eggs within 2 hours of cooking it. Also, did you know that you need to boil spinach for at least 1 minute to avoid cancer risks? This article will let you know what foods should not be reheated.
You must never use reheated oil as it can raise the risk of heart diseases.
When there are leftovers in the fridge, they turn out to be lifesavers at the end of a long day at work.
But we often fail to realise that some of these foods cause more harm than good when reheated.
Apart from decrease in nutritional value, they also lead to the contamination by bacteria like E-coli or Salmonella.
In this article we have mentioned the list of foods that you should never reheat. Read further to know why these foods must not be reheated.
Eggs need to be consumed when they are fresh. Further, it is considered safer to avoid reheating eggs. Bacteria can thrive at temperatures between 40 degree F and 140 degree F and can spoil the food or make you ill. This is one of the foods that should never be reheated.
Yes, you heard that right! You must never reheat oil. Oil that has been used for deep frying must particularly never be reused. When you heat the oil to deep fry something, it destabilises the structure of the oil and breaks it down. When heated over 375 degree F, it accumulates a toxic substance that raises your levels of bad low density lipoprotein, LDL cholesterol. This is also one of the foods that you should never reheat.
Not all potato based foods are problematic when reheated. It depends on how well you store them after cooking them. Potatoes are the ideal growing environment for botulism causing growth of the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. If you leave them out at room temperature and don't chill them quickly, then you run the risk of allowing the bacteria to thrive.
Rice can pose a risk when reheated or reused. This is due to the bacteria that can multiply if the cooked rice isn't stored right or is stored for too long. Reheated rice can also increase the risk of food poisoning.
Chicken is another favourable breeding ground for bacteria like E-coli and Salmonella. This can make you fall sick with diarrhoea or food poisoning. The chicken that you plan to reheat must be cooked and stored right.
6. Spinach, Beets And Celery:
These veggies contain nitrates that are converted to nitrites due to bacterial action. Very high nitrite intake through diet can raise the risks of cancer. This is why these foods must not be reheated.