- 1 hr ago National Girl Child Day 2020: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- 1 hr ago Kangana Ranaut's Hairband Wouldn't Have Made Frida Kahlo Happy But Her Outfit Is Pretty
- 3 hrs ago Exclusive: Signs That You Are Dating A F**kboy, Let’s Hear It From Women!
- 4 hrs ago Here’s Why You Must Not Beg Your Partner To Stay In A Relationship
- News 10% quota to West UP candidates: Minister warns Jamia, JNU protesters
- Technology More Than 250 Million Users Exposed To Data Breach On Microsoft Servers
- Sports UFC Fight Night 166: Blaydes vs. dos Santos fight card, preview, India time and how to watch
- Finance Investing In Mutual Fund In Minor Child's Name: New Rules You Should Know
- Movies Harvey Weinstein Rape Trial Begins, 2 Years After #MeToo First Took Place
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Did you observe clots in blood during period? Well, period blood may not be the same every month. Sometimes, the colour appears too dark and sometimes the consistency gets thicker due to many reasons.
Sometimes, clots may become a cause of concern. Do clots occur only in some women? They could occur in most of the women at least once in a life time.
How to identify clots? When thick dark blobs appear along with the period blood, you can conclude that there are clots in the periods. Clots are nothing but thick masses of blood. Here are some more facts about clots in period blood.
Why Do Clots Form?
Blood flows non-stop if it doesn't clot. If you are injured, only clotting mechanism can prevent the blood loss. That is the reason why the human body tries to clot its blood using several chemical processes and mechanisms.
What Happens During Periods?
Actually, before the menstrual blood comes out, your body releases anticoagulants to break down the thickness of the blood.
Then Why Clots In Period Blood?
When the blood flow is heavy during periods, clots start forming. Clots occur as the coagulants may not find a chance to break down the clots when the bleeding is heavy. The clots look dark red in colour.
Are Clots Dangerous?
Actually, you don't need to worry too much unless you see clots due to a medical issue, infection, or a miscarriage. Also, if you have clots accompanied by pain then it could be something serious.
Do They Indicate Something Serious?
In some cases, clots could also indicate uterine fibroids. Some studies claim that more than 70% of middle aged women may develop non-cancerous fibroids in the uterus.
Does It Happen To Everyone?
Not all women experience clots during periods. It occurs only when period bleeding is heavy. In some women, clots might occur during the first year of menstrual cycle and the last year of the menstrual cycle (before menopause).
Do You Have To Consult A Doctor?
Clotting without any complications may not need medical help. But if clotting accompanies any other symptoms like fatigue or weakness then it could also be due to other medical issues like anemia.
If clotting makes you feel drained and light headed, it is better to visit a doctor. If clotting occurs during pregnancy or after abortion, it is better to talk to your doctor to know the reason why.