- 46 min ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora, Disha Patani & More
- 1 hr ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 2 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 2 hrs ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- Movies Darbar Kerala Rights Acquired By Kalpaka Films, Rajinikanth Fans Happy
- Finance Govt To Consider Personal Income Tax Cuts To Boost Growth
- News Applications for H-1B visa to be accepted from April 1: US
- Technology Flipkart Apple Days: Discounts, EMI Offers On iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Pro, iPads And More
- Sports Universal title match and Reigns vs. Corbin confirmed for WWE TLC 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Did you observe clots in blood during period? Well, period blood may not be the same every month. Sometimes, the colour appears too dark and sometimes the consistency gets thicker due to many reasons.
Sometimes, clots may become a cause of concern. Do clots occur only in some women? They could occur in most of the women at least once in a life time.
How to identify clots? When thick dark blobs appear along with the period blood, you can conclude that there are clots in the periods. Clots are nothing but thick masses of blood. Here are some more facts about clots in period blood.
Why Do Clots Form?
Blood flows non-stop if it doesn't clot. If you are injured, only clotting mechanism can prevent the blood loss. That is the reason why the human body tries to clot its blood using several chemical processes and mechanisms.
What Happens During Periods?
Actually, before the menstrual blood comes out, your body releases anticoagulants to break down the thickness of the blood.
Then Why Clots In Period Blood?
When the blood flow is heavy during periods, clots start forming. Clots occur as the coagulants may not find a chance to break down the clots when the bleeding is heavy. The clots look dark red in colour.
Are Clots Dangerous?
Actually, you don't need to worry too much unless you see clots due to a medical issue, infection, or a miscarriage. Also, if you have clots accompanied by pain then it could be something serious.
Do They Indicate Something Serious?
In some cases, clots could also indicate uterine fibroids. Some studies claim that more than 70% of middle aged women may develop non-cancerous fibroids in the uterus.
Does It Happen To Everyone?
Not all women experience clots during periods. It occurs only when period bleeding is heavy. In some women, clots might occur during the first year of menstrual cycle and the last year of the menstrual cycle (before menopause).
Do You Have To Consult A Doctor?
Clotting without any complications may not need medical help. But if clotting accompanies any other symptoms like fatigue or weakness then it could also be due to other medical issues like anemia.
If clotting makes you feel drained and light headed, it is better to visit a doctor. If clotting occurs during pregnancy or after abortion, it is better to talk to your doctor to know the reason why.