- 25 min ago How To Check Your Gas Cylinder Level With A Wet Cloth Trick
- 49 min ago Toxoplasma Gondii, The Most 'Successful' Parasite In The World; Can Moms Pass This To Babies?
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 16 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 20 hrs ago Got Thin Brittle Nails? Check Out These 8 Kitchen Ingredients That Can Help
- Movies Taapsee Paanu To Produce Dhak Dhak Starring Fatima Sana Shaikh, Ratna Pathak Shah, Sanjana Sanghi & Dia Mirza
- News India reports 2,202 fresh Covid-19 cases with 27 deaths
- Technology Amazon Sony Google TV 2022 Edition Quiz Answers: Win Sony 4K UHD Google TV
- Sports IPL 2022: PBKS vs DC Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Finance Stock To Buy: Company Where e-mobility Is Driving The Next Phase Of Growth
- Automobiles Tips To Protect Car Paint
- Travel Fun-filled Family Weekend Getaways Near Delhi
- Education CG Board Class 12th Result Out: Kunti Sao Becomes Topper With 98.20%
It's that time of the month again that every woman dreads. Menstruation or periods is an inevitable part of every woman's life once she reaches puberty. The menstrual cycle is not as smooth as one thinks it to be. A few women have delayed periods while others have frequent periods.
Having a regular uninterrupted cycle is very important. If women witness any irregularity in their period cycle then they need to be careful. So what causes delayed or frequent periods? Today in this article we will be explaining about a few of the reasons for delayed or irregular periods.
Also Read: Remedies For Irregular Periods
A day or two of delay or suffering from frequent periods sometimes can be considered normal but if this occurs frequently and goes beyond a week of the normal 28 days of period cycle then it is a cause of concern. In addition to the delay, a few women also experience excruciating pain when there is an irregularity in the period cycle.
Here is a list of a few of the health problems that women might be suffering from if they have delayed or frequent periods. Have a look.
1. Hormonal Imbalance:
If your periods are irregular, then you need to check out how your hormones are functioning. When there is a hormonal imbalance it affects the regular menstrual cycle.
Endometriosis is a condition wherein there is a growth of tissue in the lining of the uterus, vaginal walls and the fallopian tubes. This leads to irregularity in the period cycle.
3. Nutritional Deficiencies:
A healthy diet is highly essential to maintain a regular period cycle. When the body lacks in certain nutritions it causes irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
Stress affects a woman's menstrual cycle. When a woman is too stressed it leads to the release of cortisol and adrenalin - two of the major stress hormones. This affects the menstrual cycle.
5. Thyroid Problem:
Whether it is hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, both cases have a negative impact on the menstrual cycle. Under active or over active thyroid hormones can cause irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
6. Uterine Fibroids:
When there is fibroid growth in the uterine walls, it affects a woman's periods. This causes excessive bleeding and it lasts for more than the normal period cycle.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is caused due to imbalance in the hormones. It creates problems in the ovaries and the eggs fail to develop. This creates irregularity in the period cycle.
- wellnessSpain Set To Become The First Western Nation To Provide Three Days Of Menstrual Leave In A Month
- wellnessAbout 50 Per Cent Of Women Aged 15-24 Years Still Use Cloth For Menstrual Protection: NFHS-5
- basicsExpert Article: Do You Have Endometriosis? Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessStop The Flow: Managing Heavy Menses (Expert Article)
- diet fitnessInternational Women's Day: 7 Yoga Poses To Induce Periods Naturally
- wellness14 Period Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore: Signs You Should Visit A Doctor
- disorders cureRed Tears - Woman Bleeds From The Eye During Her Periods! Know About The Rare Condition
- wellnessUnmoda Launches Sustainable Period Underwear On Women's Day
- wellnessHow To Use Period Underwear: Safe Option Replacing Pads And Tampons During Menstruation
- diet fitnessHow To Exercise On Your Periods? Best Exercises To Do And To Avoid
- women10 Things You Should Never Tell To A Woman While She Is On Her Periods
- womenMenstruation Hygiene Day 2020: Ways In Which You Can Talk About Menstruation