- 1 hr ago First Aid For Acid Attacks: What You Can Do As A Witness
- 2 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Says We Should Stop Making Excuses After Watching 72-YO Woman's Workout Video
- 2 hrs ago 10 Amazing Tips To Ensure That You Have A Perfect Manicure At Home
- 2 hrs ago #ThisHappened2019: Most-Mentioned Politicians On Twitter In India
- Sports Yuvraj Singh most searched Indian sportsperson in 2019 in the country; Rishabh Pant second athlete in top ten
- Movies Karan Johar Opens Up On Mid-Life Crisis; Says He Has Started Wearing More Bling Because Of It
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- News Citizenship Bill protests: CM Sarbananda Sonowal stranded at Guwahati airport
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Did you know that after the age of 30, the human skeleton starts to lose calcium faster than it can replace it?
Well, now you do.
And while this age-induced process may not cause immediate problems in your life, over the years it turns your bones soft, porous, and so weak that they fracture even under simple impact forces, like banging your hand against the table or slipping and falling on the floor.
So if you want to have strong and healthy bones that are able to resist this inevitable calcium crisis (a.k.a osteoporosis), then read on. Because in this article I am going to outline the 5 ways through which you can build healthy bones.
#1 Eat Calcium-Rich Food
Your body needs calcium to allow nerves, muscles, and hormones to function properly. That's why calcium is constantly leached out from your bones to keep your blood-calcium levels adequate.
But this process is not a one-way street. And your bones also constantly leach away calcium from your blood to keep themselves strong and healthy.
This give-and-take mechanism goes on smoothly as long as you consume enough calcium daily to keep yourself stocked. But with age, your bones fail to take back as much as they should.
So if you want to prevent osteoporosis from eating away your skeleton irreparably, the best option for you is to increase the calcium-containing foods in your diet (within the recommended daily doses).
Make sure to save this infographic and share it so others can find it too!
#2 Take Vitamin D Supplements
Vitamin D (in its active form) helps your body absorb calcium from your gut. That's why it is not enough to just eat calcium-rich food.
You need to get your blood tested to ensure that your vitamin D levels are optimum (20 - 50ng/mL of blood).
And if you think 5 minutes of sun exposure is enough to keep your vitamin D levels stocked, then you are wrong! Only farmers get enough sunlight to produce natural vitamin D. And that is the fastest route to skin cancer.
#3 Do Weight Training Exercises
High-impact aerobics, jogging, dancing, playing sports, and lifting weights at the gym are all considered weight-training exercises. And they are important because they stress your bones and naturally induce them to grab more calcium and get stronger.
#4 Don't Drink Alcohol
Studies have shown that heavy alcohol consumption interferes with vitamin D's function in your body, which in turn weakens your bones.
So if you must have a drink, restrict yourself to just one drink a day.
#5 Don't Smoke
Smoking is injurious to your overall health. Not just your lungs. And it effects your bones by preventing calcium absorption from your gut.
So if you are a smoker, you should really give it up. Don't you know it's not sexy anymore?
Was This Article Helpful?
At Boldsky, we strive to bring you the best health information, tips, and remedies so you can stay healthy and reduce unnecessary visits to the hospital.
So if you enjoyed reading this article and found it useful, please share it so others can read it too.