- News 33-year-old woman accuses Bollywood choreographer Ganesh Acharya of making her watch porn
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 3rd T20I: Have identified the core of players for T20 World Cup: Batting coach Vikram Rathour
- Movies Monalisa & Paritosh Tripathi To Judge The Ultimate Comedy Face Off – Vigo Comedy Mahasabha
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Z Flip To Don Galaxy Fold 2 Moniker: Launch Tipped In Q2 2020
- Finance Maruti Suzuki Increases Prices On Select Models Effective Today
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India: Will Debut At Auto Expo
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Have you put on weight and body fat excessively? It might look awkward and ugly when the fat starts adding, especially around your abdomen. Well, this is not just all. Your body fat can be a risk for several other diseases and if not taken care of on time, it might turn fatal as well.
Today in this article we will be discussing how body fat can increase your risk of developing various diseases. It isn't just the fat that accumulates in the body but along with this a lot of toxins also get deposited in the body. This increases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure, just to name a few.
Also Read: Exercises To Get Rid Of Back Fat
So what exactly leads to an increase in body fat? Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercises are two of the major causes. Mindless eating of junk foods that are rich in oil leads to deposition of excess fat, especially around the abdomen. When this body fat which could have been burnt through exercises, fails to get churned out, it raises the risks of developing several other diseases.
Also Read: How To Burn Abdominal Fat Quickly
Here is a list of a few diseases that excess body fat can cause. Take a look.
1. Heart Disease:
The fat that accumulates around the body affects the functioning of the heart. The heart fails to pump the blood normally and this in turn leads to several heart problems.
2. High Blood Pressure:
When the body fat increases, this leads to an increase in the pressure for the blood to move around. This in turn causes high blood pressure.
When the fat, especially the fat around the abdomen increases it inhibits the insulin from working and this leads to diabetes.
When the body fat increases it affects the production of hormones and the growth of cells. This increases the risk of several types of cancers like breast cancer, colon cancer, etc.
5. Fatty Liver Disease:
When the fat builds up around the liver, it is termed as the fatty liver disease. This affects the functioning of the liver.
6. Breathing Difficulty:
When the body fat gets deposited, especially around the stomach, it pushes the chest wall and the diaphragm, thus causing the lungs to fill with air. It causes difficulty in breathing.
7. Joint & Knee Pain:
When the body fat increases it also leads to an increase in the body weight. This causes more stress on the joints and leads to joint and knee pain.
8. Blood Clots:
When the fat around your belly and the abdomen region increases it affects the blood flow through the deep vein. This also leads to clotting of blood.