Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a respiratory disease characterized by an abnormal inflammatory response in the lungs with restricted air flow.
This condition will make breathing very difficult. COPD is an umbrella term that includes emphysema, chronic bronchitis and in some cases asthma.
There are many ways to treat and reduce your risk of COPD. It is your own efforts and natural treatment that is required to do this.
On the World COPD Day, we have listed some of the best ways to treat COPD. Read further to know how to treat COPD naturally.
1. Avoid Smoking:
This is a natural plan for COPD. Smoking and second hand smoking can irritate and damage your lungs.
2. Improve Your Breathing:
Improving your breathing by making use of breathing technique will increase your blood oxygen level and reduces shortness of breath.
3. Follow A Healthy Diet:
A healthy diet will help manage and improve COPD symptoms. Your diet should include plenty of fruits and vegetable for getting lots of vitamins, minerals and fibre. This is one of the best ways to treat COPD.
4. Increase Your Water Intake:
COPD can lead to mucus problem and one way you can improve this is by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to thin the mucus and stay hydrated.
When you're having trouble exercising might be a terrible idea. But regular exercise and cardio workouts will strengthen the respiratory muscles and improves overall endurance.
6. Use Eucalyptus Oil:
Eucalyptus oil is very helpful for people with COPD. It helps reduce exacerbations and dyspnea in people with COPD.
This is one of the best ways to treat COPD.
7. Consume Ginseng:
This herbal supplement improves lung function and decrease bacteria in the lungs. It is also used as a medicine since ancient times to cure respiratory conditions including asthma and COPD.
8. Take N-Acetylcysteine (NAC):
Supplementing with NAC helps decrease the severity and frequency of asthma attacks and improves overall lung function for patients with COPD.
9. Avoid Cold And Crowds:
When you have COPD, it is important to avoid things that can make it worse. Smoke, pollution and reducing time outdoors is very important. This is one of the best ways to treat COPD.
10. Reduce Stress:
Stress can only make COPD symptoms worse like airway inflammation and shortness of breath. Hence you need to learn to manage your stress when you have COPD.
- Symptoms That You Should Never Ignore In A Baby
- What Is Lyme Disease? Symptoms And Prevention
- First Signs And Symptoms Of Pregnancy
- These Are The 9 Signs Of A Slipped Disc In Your Lower Back
- 10 Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency You Should Know
- 10 Symptoms Of Urinary Tract Infection You Wish You Knew
- 10 Signs You Might Be Pregnant And You Are Not Aware Of It
- 8 Signs You Are Eating Too Much Sugar
- 9 Signs Of Bone Cancer Or Osteosarcoma In Children (International Childhood Cancer Day)
- 9 Early Signs Of Lung Cancer You Must Become Aware Of
- 9 Signs And Symptoms That Show You Are Dehydrated
- 10 Signs And Symptoms Of Heart Murmur