- 2 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 3 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 5 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- News ‘To silence a critic’: Rahul Gandhi backs Kunal Kamra
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 122 Synopsis: Vikas Gupta And Shefali Jariwala Enter The House Once Again!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The regular chairs that we use, do a lot of damage if you sit for prolonged periods. Chairs impact your posture. Also, the slouching posture impacts core strength.
Nowadays, the trend of using an exercise ball as a chair is slowly catching up. The benefits of this practice are being discussed everywhere.
So, let us discuss how it helps if you use an exercise ball as your chair.
Also Read: Why Crawling Is The Best Exercise
1. Consult a doctor if you wish to try it.
2. Never sit on the ball soon after waking up. When you are not fully awake, you may lose balance and fall.
3. Start small. Sit for a few minutes for the first day and gradually increase the period when your body starts getting used to it.
Firstly, spine alignment gets better when you sit on a ball. As the ball isn't stable, your body tries to find a balance by aligning itself properly.
That is how your body gets into healthy posture when you sit on the ball. It is good for your spine and also prevents back pain.
You will be able to burn more calories. This is a great benefit for those who are trying to lose weight. As your body keeps moving, your calorie expenditure will increase. So, it keeps you fit.
When you sit on a chair, you seldom move. But when you are sitting on a ball, even the slightest movement like turning a bit to get your laptop will make your body adjust itself to find balance. So, even while sitting, your body remains active as it constantly changes its position.
Also Read: Why Turmeric Is As Good As Exercise
Even your blood circulation gets a boost. Sitting on a chair for prolonged periods of time can affect circulation in certain parts of your body. But an exercise ball boosts circulation.
Your body will become better in balancing act as the ball isn't a stable, static surface. Your muscles need to constantly work to keep your body stable.
Also Read: Using Exercise As A Medicine
It allows you to workout! This is the best thing. You don't need to go anywhere to start a workout. Whenever you want to workout, you can simply stretch your body on the ball.
Your core gets engaged. The muscles in your abdomen work hard to keep you in place. So, simply sitting on the exercise ball can also act like a workout for your abs.
Generally, you tend to feel drained after a day's work. But if you sit on an exercise ball at work, you tend to feel energetic even at the end of the day because your body keeps moving.
Also Read: Ways Exercise Reduces Your Age