- 34 min ago How To Check Your Gas Cylinder Level With A Wet Cloth Trick
- 58 min ago Toxoplasma Gondii, The Most 'Successful' Parasite In The World; Can Moms Pass This To Babies?
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 16 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 21 hrs ago Got Thin Brittle Nails? Check Out These 8 Kitchen Ingredients That Can Help
- Finance With Over 44% SIP Returns, This Moderate Risky Hybrid Is Good For Investment: CRISIL Rated
- Automobiles Top 10 Cars Sold In India In April 2022 - Maruti Continues To Dominate
- Movies Taapsee Paanu To Produce Dhak Dhak Starring Fatima Sana Shaikh, Ratna Pathak Shah, Sanjana Sanghi & Dia Mirza
- News India reports 2,202 fresh Covid-19 cases with 27 deaths
- Technology Amazon Sony Google TV 2022 Edition Quiz Answers: Win Sony 4K UHD Google TV
- Sports IPL 2022: PBKS vs DC Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Travel Fun-filled Family Weekend Getaways Near Delhi
- Education CG Board Class 12th Result Out: Kunti Sao Becomes Topper With 98.20%
Beetroot is known to be good for those suffering from anaemia and high blood pressure. But a new research has found that beetroot is one of the best foods to consume post workout session.
Consuming beetroot helps reduce soreness after intense exercises, according to a study.
The research was conducted by the scientists at the University of Northumbria. For the study 30 physically active men between the ages of 18 and 28, who work out at least twice a week were taken into consideration.
During the study the men were made to do 100 intensive jump exercises that caused muscle damage in their legs.
For the next three days, the men were required to drink either 250ml beetroot juice, 125ml beetroot juice or a placebo. The placebo had the same calories and carbohydrate content as beetroot juice.
Dr Tom Clifford, who led the study said "Three days of consuming the higher beetroot juice dose enhanced participants' recovery. Those in the beetroot juice group jumped an average of 18 per cent higher than those in the placebo group two days after completing the exercise bout."
Beetroot is rich in important nutirents like vitamin, zinc, magnesium, saponins, flavonoids, chlorine, betaine, sodium, calcium and natural nitrates. Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, beetroot help in reducing the soreness quickly.
- recipesCrispy Pakora Recipe: How To Prepare Black Chickpeas And Beetroot Pakoras
- recipesHealthy Breakfast Recipe For Pregnant Women: How To Prepare Beetroot And Sesame Chapati
- recipesNutritional And Kid-Friendly Beetroot Paratha Recipe For Breakfast
- nutrition15 Interesting Health Benefits Of Beetroot
- wellness11 Foods That Help Manage Piles (Haemorrhoids)
- nutritionHow To Make ABC Detox Drink
- skin careBeetroot Face Packs That Can Nourish Your Skin In Minutes
- nutritionTop 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- recipesBeetroot And Mascarpone Salad Recipe: Beet Salad With Mascarpone
- recipesBeetroot And Manipuri Black Rice Idli Cupcake Recipe | Idli Cupcake Recipe
- disorders cureTry This Scientifically Proven Beetroot Remedy For Weight Loss
- wellnessHow To Flush Your Lymph System?