- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 7 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Opens Up About Recent Failures: 'I Got Fired By Audience For Not Making Them Happy'
- Sports Have a lot of respect for Sourav and to hell with those who don't understand: Ravi Shastri
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Some of the most obvious changes that can arise in you as you age are wrinkles, decreased metabolism, memory loss and so on.
But did you know that your vagina too has to deal with old age? There are many kinds of changes that can occur down there, starting in your 40s.
Some of the annoying and common age-related differences that can occur there are an increase in dryness and yeast infections. Meanwhile, some other kinds of differences can be very serious.
It is important that you come to know of these changes if you're one of those enroute to hitting your 40s!
In this article, we have listed how your vagina changes as you age. Read further to know what happens to your vagina as you age.
1. Your Uterus Can Fall Into Your Vagina:
One of the age-related conditions that can occur down there is prolapse or the dropping of the uterus, bladder or rectum into the vagina. For women with mild prolapse, kegel exercises can be very helpful.
2. Your Vagina Starts To Look Older:
When you're young, oestrogen helps to keep the skin look plump and more elastic. As you age, the hormones decrease and you'll lose the elasticity in the vagina. This is also known as vulvo-vaginal atrophy. This is how your vagina changes as you age.
3. Your Uterus And The Entrance To The Vagina Can Shrink:
In response to the dropping oestrogen levels, the uterus can also change in size. As the women grow older, the uterus tends to get smaller. The vaginal entrance can also narrow with age. This is how your vagina changes as you age.
4. You May Not Be Able To Control Your Bladder:
As you grow older, musculature and ligaments supporting the pelvic floor start to relax. In some cases, the urethra can actually move in relation to the bladder and can cause leaking. You might also pee a little while coughing or sneezing.
5. You May Experience UTI:
UTIs may become more frequent when you're older due to the delicate genital tissue. Further, untreated or unrecognized UTI can progress to a kidney infection. Hence, this is what happens to your vagina as you age.