Almonds, known to be the good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, is known for its innumerable health benefits. But the most amazing part is that in a recent research published even Ayurveda asserts that almonds is good for one's health.
The review research was conducted by Dr. Padma Venkatasubramanian and Dr. Subrahmanya Kumar of Trans-disciplinary University (TDU).
Dr. Padma Venkatasubramanian, Lead author of the review said: "One of the most fascinating discoveries through this review was that according to both Ayurvada and Unani, almond consumption also has a therapeutic effect on male infertility and decreased sexual performance, a condition growing at a fast pace in today's world."
In addition, as per Siddha almonds helps to tone the body tissues and also has a therapeutic effect on lifestyle conditions such as gastric irritation and diabetes.
According to the reserchers the aim of the review was to see how almonds fit into traditional health/medicine practices and belief systems in India by reviewing traditional texts.
For this, the researchers had reviewed texts from the three traditional medical practices, all published texts approved by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy), Government of India.
- Is Your Body's Pitta Dosha Imbalanced? Here Are The Symptoms
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Loss Due To PCOS
- Solar Eclipse: What Foods To Eat And Avoid Based On Ayurveda
- Health Benefits Of Guggul
- Ayurveda Breaks The Myth About Drinking Water Just Before Or After A Meal
- Ayurveda Is The Key To Improve Your Eye Health