- 15 min ago Booster Shots Won't Stop Omicron, Says Top Medical Experts
- 2 hrs ago Salad Special: How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
- 5 hrs ago National Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- 5 hrs ago Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata Named Among 'Most Stressed Cities In The World': Why?
- News 33 people test Covid-19 positive at SAI Bengaluru, 16 of them hockey players
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- Movies Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Birthday Special: 10 Times Filmmaker Was Epitome Of Women Empowerment
- Finance These 5 Things We Could Expect From The Upcoming Budget 2022
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Sports Australian Open: Barty had no expectations of Osaka meeting
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen For Classes 1 To 12 From January 24
Our health depends on what we eat. Hence, it is important that the food you eat is not only tasty but is also healthy.
Sometimes, the wrong food combination of ingredients can play a havoc on your health. It can lead to food poisoning or even death in some cases.
We are very much used to eating foods in combinations. For example, cheese with meat, fruit in salads, milk with fruits, etc.
But did you know that some theories as well as the principles of Ayurveda slam these combinations as the most dangerous ones?
These food combinations can make you feel bloated, heavy and lethargic. They can also inhibit the digestive process and lead to stomach ache, nausea, fatigue and also difficulty in eliminating waste.
In this article, we have listed some of the top dangerous food combinations. So, read further to know more about the bad food combinations that you must avoid at any cost.
1. Cocoa Plus Milk:
Cocoa is rich in oxalic acid and blocks calcium absorption. When combined with milk, acid contributes to the formation of oxalate crystals that are bad for the kidneys in excessive amounts. This is one of the bad food combinations that can make you sick.
2. Salad Plus Lemon Or Vinegar Dressing:
Many vitamins and other valuable nutrients like carotenoids that are found in veggies require fats for proper absorption. Hence, you need to consider adding high-fat products to your salad like avocado, olives or some nuts. Dressing it with lemon or vinegar alone will deprive you of a great deal of healthy elements.
3. Cheese Pasta Plus Tomato:
Pasta contains starchy carbs that get digested with a special ferment called ptyalin that is found in our saliva. Tomatoes contain malic, oxalic and citric acid in small amounts that break this ferment down. This hinders the starch digestion.
4. Eggs Plus Bacon:
This combination is very rich in protein and hence is not good for our health. Our body will have to spend a lot of time in digesting such products. This is one of the top dangerous food combinations to avoid.
5. Bran Plus Milk:
Bran contains phytic acid that forms insoluble compounds when combined with calcium or magnesium. It also makes these minerals inaccessible for the body. This is one of the bad food combinations that you must avoid.
6. Cereals Plus Orange Juice:
Cereals eaten along with orange juice early in the morning will not give you any boost of energy. It only causes discomfort and heaviness in the stomach. The acid in orange juice also lowers the activity of the enzyme that is responsible in breaking down of the carbohydrates.
7. Pizza Plus Soda:
The combination of carbs, proteins and starch takes up a lot of energy for digestion. The sugar in the soda also slows down the stomach processes. This results in heaviness and bloating.
8. Wheat Bread Plus Jam:
Refined wheat flour combined with sugary foods is a double dose of fast carbs that can cause a rapid surge. It also creates unrest in the bowels due to the combination of yeast fermented dough and sugar. This is one of the main wrong combinations of Indian food.
- diabetes10 Winter Superfoods That Can Help Control Diabetes
- diet fitnessWhy Diet Is the Most Important Part Of Fitness
- healthExpert Interview: Nutritionist Explains The Connection Between Food, Skin And Beauty [Exclusive]
- wellnessOrganic Vs Non-Organic Foods: Pros And Cons And Which One Is Better
- recipesTomato Soup Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home
- recipesKhaman Dhokla Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home In Easy Steps
- recipesMethi Paratha Recipe: How To Make It At Your Home
- recipesUnique And Simple Choco-Tahini Milkshake Recipe
- disorders cureWhy Does Hunger Cause Headache? Causes, Symptoms And Tips To Prevent Hunger Headache
- recipesHealthy and Festive Dairy/Gluten-Free Choco Banana bread
- wellnessHow To Know If You Are Really Hungry: Tips To Identify And Manage Hunger
- home n gardenLG Microwave: Healthy Cooking For Your Family Made Easy