- 15 hrs ago Designer Virgil Abloh, Famous For High-End Streetwear, Passes Away At 41 From Cancer
- 16 hrs ago Omicron Reportedly Has 30+ Mutations In Spike Protein Region, May Bypass Vaccines: AIIMS Chief Randeep Guleria
- 18 hrs ago Amazon Sale: Awesome Smart And Elegant Watches For Women With Up To 60% Off
- 18 hrs ago Planning To Bleach Your Hair? 8 Things To Look Out For And A Step-By-Step Guide
- Movies Antim Day 4 Box Office Collection: Salman Khan-Aayush Sharma's Film Passes Monday Test
- News Opposition likely to skip entire Winter Session
- Sports Lionel Messi wins historic seventh Ballon d'Or
- Finance Small Cap Company Stock To Watch Out After Dolly Khanna Ups Stake
- Education KVPY Aptitude Test 2021 Date Announced, Check KVPY Fellowship Exam Date And Other Details Here
- Technology Oppo Reno7, Reno7 Pro India Pricing Details Out; Reno7 SE Not Coming
- Travel Discovery’s Lost Essence S2: Cyrus Sahukar Explores The Hidden Gems Of India
- Automobiles Nissan To Launch 15 New Electric Vehicles By 2030
Are you eating every colour of the rainbow? No matter what your age is, you need to eat fruits and vegetables belonging to every colour that is there in the rainbow.
The rainbow of fruits and vegetables contains an abundant of vitamins and minerals that provide you with the right kind of nutrients for the body. This article will let you know how to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables get their colour and its health benefits from phytochemicals. "Phytochemicals" is the term for the nutrients that are found in plant-based foods and thus include antioxidants, carotenoids, anthocyanins and polyphenols.
It was found that about 4000 phytochemicals exist and hence in order to get all these nutrients, you need to eat a variety of coloured fruits and vegetables.
In this article, we have discussed about how to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables and their benefits. Read further to know about the ' eat the rainbow lesson plan'.
This is one of the easiest colours to eat. There are a wide variety of fruits and vegetables like apples, cherries, cranberries, pomegranate, beets, ball peppers, chilli peppers, etc. These contain a wide variety of nutrients and aid with weight loss, allergies and also help boost the immune system.
Some of the top fruits and vegetables in this colour are oranges, carrots, pumpkin, pomegranate, sweet potatoes, habenero peppers, etc. Foods in an orange colour contain carotenoid pigment that contains abundant antioxidative properties.
Some of best yellow-coloured foods include lemons, pears, turnips, corn, cauliflower, chard, etc. Bananas, pineapple and star fruits are some of the other examples.
Dark leafy greens are chocked with fibre and antioxidants. Some of them are spinach, kiwi, broccoli, kale, cucumbers, avocado, etc.
Blue is of course one of the hardest colours to find in fruits and vegetables. Some of the rare examples are blueberries and blue corn that are abundant in antioxidants.
Purple foods are also popular foods with high amounts of phytochemicals that can prevent breast cancer. Some of the examples are grapes, eggplant, purple cabbages, etc.