- 2 hrs ago First Aid For Acid Attacks: What You Can Do As A Witness
- 2 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Says We Should Stop Making Excuses After Watching 72-YO Woman's Workout Video
- 2 hrs ago 10 Amazing Tips To Ensure That You Have A Perfect Manicure At Home
- 2 hrs ago #ThisHappened2019: Most-Mentioned Politicians On Twitter In India
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Sports Yuvraj Singh most searched Indian sportsperson in 2019 in the country; Rishabh Pant second athlete in top ten
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
You can be called a workaholic if people complain that you work too much, specially your near and dear ones, you work so much that you start having health problems, you get headaches and are exhausted and you cannot live without work to the extent that even the thought of taking a break and going on a vacation stresses you.
In a nutshell, you are addicted to work. Studies have proved that being an alcoholic can prove to be disastrous for your mental and physical health. In the long run you will end up suffering from a number of diseases. Researchers have proved that workaholics generally end up being patients of mental health.
Also Read: Self-care Tips For Workaholics
Workaholics are more likely to suffer from OCD, ADHD and depression. Primary signs of ADHD are inattention, impulsiveness and hyperactivity that generally appear in the course of many months and frequently vary, depending on the scenario.
Symptoms associated with depression are sadness, guilt, fatigue, frustration, eating disorders, sleeplessness as well as suicidal tendencies. OCD is a mental disorder characterized by obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour and this starts interfering with the person's routine life.
People with these three kinds of symptoms react in three different ways. Workaholics who suffer from depression are more likely to find working round the clock a means of escape. On the other hand, workaholics who suffer from ADHD take charge of a lot of work impulsively and OCD sufferers are not able to handle stressful situations, so they end up working all the time.
Also Read: 10 Best Nutrition Tips For Workaholics
Workaholics suffer from burnouts, cynicism, apathy, chronic exhaustion and low resilience for minor stressors. Working round the clock has also been associated with heart diseases and an increased risk of stroke.
Hence workaholics are advised to maintain a work-life balance. Cognitive behavioural therapy and meditation are recommended by therapists. Relaxing, spending time with friends, pursuing