- 7 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 9 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 9 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 57 Written Update – Chandana Is The New Caption Of The House
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Has your friend or your relative been complaining of frequent thirst? Then you need to take it seriously and check it out with a doctor. This might be a case of diabetes.
Once diagnosed of diabetes or symptoms of diabetes, the first self remedial measure which one could take up is to drink lots of water. If you are diabetic, there is always a tendency to have excess glucose or blood sugar in the body and this takes up water from the tissues and makes one dehydrated.
Also Read: Best Power Food For Diabetes
Many experts have pointed out that drinking water in large amounts is necessary for a diabetic person as even a small amount of dehydration in these people would lead to other severe health hazards.
Water is one of the purest forms of liquid which does not contain calories, sodium, fat, cholesterol or caffeine. Driking lots of water, especially for diabetic people is important to prevent dehydration and also it is safe as it does not have any side-effects.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Diabetes
Hence, the intake of water should be increased by diabetic people and mind you this is one of the best natural cures for diabetes.
Here are a few reasons why diabetic people need to drink lots of water. Take a look.
1. Water Helps Break Down Sugar Level:
If you are diabetic then the glucose and blood sugar level in the body tends to be high.
It is therefore important that you drink lots of water as this helps to break down the sugar level in the body and keeps the blood sugar level in control.
2. Helps To Prevent Dehydration:
When the glucose and blood sugar level is high in your body, it tends to draw water from your tissues and make you dehydrated. When you drink water to quench your thirst it also leads to frequent urination. Hence, to maintain the balance of water level in your body it is important to drink lots of water.
3. Prevents Skin Infection:
Skin infection is yet another common health problem among diabetic people. As the high sugar and glucose level in the body tends to take up water from the tissues leaving you dehydrated, the skin too gets affected. The skin gets dry and itchy and this makes your skin prone to several skin infections. So to keep the skin hydrated and prevent skin infection diabetic people should drink lots of water.
4. Helps To Prevent Fatigue:
Sometimes when you are exposed to high temperatures or you exercise it leads to loss of water from the body. This often leads to fatigue and weakness due to dehydration among diabetic people. Hence, it is necessary to drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated and prevent any fatigue.