- 40 min ago Mars Transit In Taurus 10 August 2022: Impact On 12 Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 13 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- Sports Commonwealth Games 2022: Closing Ceremony Date, IST Time, Live Streaming, Performers Info
- Finance 7 Stocks At Their 52-week Lows, Should You Buy These Stocks
- Movies Annu Kapoor Has A Surprising Reaction On Being Asked About Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha
- Education JEE Mains Session 2 Result 2022 @jeemain.nta.nic.in; Cut off And Direct Link To Check Scorecard
- News Watch: Heartbreaking video of rhino running on a street goes viral
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs Honda CB350RS Vs Jawa 42 Vs TVS Ronin
- Technology Wordle For August 8: Hints, Clues For Today’s Impossible Wordle
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
Of late green tea is becoming one of the most popular beverages. This is mainly because people are becoming aware of the innumerable health benefits that come along with it.
Those wishing to lose weight, shed their abdominal fat, have a better skin texture, boost metabolism and stay young, energetic and healthy are now resorting to green tea. But this does not mean that we can go on drinking green tea cups after cups. This is a mistake which most of us commit.
Also Read: Reasons For Women To Drink Green Tea
We should keep in mind that drinking green tea at the wrong time can also have certain side-effects.
Green tea contains caffeine and tannins which can dilute the gastric juice and affect the stomach. It can lead to nausea, gastric pain and stomach acidity.
Also Read: Does Green Tea Help To Lose Weight
It is only when green tea is consumed at the right time and in the right quantity that we can reap its maximun health benefits.
Several studies and researches have also been conducted across the world which prove that green tea has several health benefits but excessive consumption might have an adverse effect on your health.
So if you are looking out for the right way to drink green tea, here it is. Have a look at these 8 best ways to drink green tea.
1. Do Not Drink Green Tea On An Empty Stomach:
Most of us are of the opinion that having green tea on an empty stomach helps clean our system. This should be avoided. Green tea contains caffeine which can dilute the gastric juice and might affect the spleen and stomach.
2. Correct Time To Drink Green Tea:
For best results green tea should be consumed about half an hour before your meal or about 1-2 hours after meals.
3. Do Not Add Milk & Sugar To Green Tea:
Green tea contains antioxidants and theanine which are good for health. But when the proteins in the milk and calories in the sugar get mixed with the flavonols in the tea, it leads to a negative reaction and the body will not be able to reap the health benefits.
4. Drink Green Tea Along With Honey:
The caffeine in the green tea and the vitamins in honey help rejuvinate the neurons and help burn the fat from the body. Honey helps to reduce the calories and green tea helps to boost the metabolism.
5.Avoid Drinking Green Tea Immediately After Meals:
Green tea should not be consumed immediately after meals. The caffeine content in green tea affects digestion and prevents nutrition from getting absorbed by the body.
6. 2-3 Cups A Day:
It is ideal to have just about 2-3 cups of green tea a day to reap maximum health benefits. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids. It should not be consumed in excess as this increases the toxicity in the body and can affect the liver.
7. Do Not Drink Green Tea Along With Meals:
Drinking green tea along with your meals is not good for one's health. It prevents the absorption of vitamin B1 in the body and this might lead to certain health problems.
8. Avoid Drinking Green Tea Late At Night:
The caffeine in the green tea can stimulate the nervous system and can affect your sleep. Hence green tea should not be consumed late at night.
- make up tipsNavratri 2019 Day 6: Two Make-up Looks To Complement Different Shades Of Green Outfits
- nutritionGreen Beans: Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- nutritionWhat Is Matcha Tea And What Are Its Benefits?
- nutritionBenefits Of Consuming Green Fruits And Vegetables
- recipesPalak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- recipesGreen Peas And Moong Dal Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Green Peas And Moong Dal Chilla At Home
- wellnessHere's Why You Should Drink Green Tea
- disorders cureGreen Tomato Remedy To Reduce Varicose Veins
- skin careDifferent Ways To Include Green Tea In Your Beauty Regimen
- wellnessCleanse Your Kidneys & Filter Your Blood Stream With These 5 Natural Juices
- nutrition10 Brilliant Night Foods To Be Included In Your Diet
- wellnessWays To Reduce Breast Tenderness