- 7 hrs ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 8 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 9 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 13 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs SRH: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible 11, Match prediction
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale: Discount Offers On Realme 8s 5G, Realme C21Y, Realme Narzo 30 5G, And More
- News UP relaxes Covid lockdown norms for functions at open spaces
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan: Gauri Says I Overact All The Time And I Do Not Even Look Good On Screen [Flashback]
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 1 lakh IoT Enabled Charging Stations In India
- Finance Crisil Upgrades Bharti Airtel's Long-Term Rating to AA+; Short-Term Rating Reaffirmed
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
If you ignore your dental health, bleeding gums may occur. But in some cases, it may occur even in those who take good care of their teeth. Well, there are other reasons for bleeding gums.
Also Read: Powerful Foods That Reduce BP
Generally, if bleeding occurs when you try to brush your teeth then it could be periodontal disease. Bacterial infections could also cause bleeding. Certain gum diseases can destroy the whole tooth and could cause teeth fall.
Firstly, when plaque buildup occurs, bacteria accumulates the wastes on the teeth and this could cause irritation. That is when inflammation occurs as your body's response to the action.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Nutmeg
Almost 80% of the people are aid to experience bleeding gums at some or the other phase in their lives. Here are some other weird reasons why bleeding gums could occur.
Even poor oral hygiene can also cause inflammation and this could also make your gums bleed. When tartar builds up on teeth, it could irritate your gums and may also cause swelling.
When your teeth are crooked, brushing them would get difficult and this may gradually lead to build up of food particles which get trapped in the corners and get decomposed later.
Even over-brushing is dangerous. Also, using a brush with hard bristles can also cause bleeding gums.
If your diet lacks enough of vitamin C then it could cause painful and swollen gums.
In rare cases, deficiency of vitamin K could also be a reason for the bleeding gums. Actually, vitamin K is a clotting agent and when it is absent, bleeding may occur from several places and gums could be one place.
When women undergo hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy, menopause or during contraceptive usage) bleeding gums could occur.
Certain medications can also cause gum bleeding. Even drugs like aspirin and medical procedures likes chemotherapy could also cause gum bleeding.
Even liver issues could cause bleeding gums. Those who drink alcohol excessively may suffer bleeding gums at some point of time when their liver metabolism gets upset.