- 3 hrs ago Sebaceous Horn (Devil’s Horn): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- 4 hrs ago Exclusive: Fashion Guru Prasad Bidapa Shares The Secret For Glowing And Flawless Skin
- 4 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Kareena Kapoor Khan, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 4 hrs ago Cyberchondria: How The Internet Can Affect Your Mental Health
- News Day curfew lifted in Kishtwar: Search on for weapon snatchers
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Preview: Dabang Delhi seek revenge against Gujarat Fortunegiants
- Movies Following Chennai Techie’s Death, Vijay Says No Hoardings Will Be Put Up For Bigil Promotions
- Technology How To Unlock Wallpapers On Oneplus Smartphones
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
If you are someone who smokes cigarettes on a regular basis, then we will have you know that along with your health, smoking can also affect your appearance in a negative way!
Yes, most of us would already know of the ill-effects of cigarette smoking on our health; however, many would not be aware of how this vice can deteriorate even our looks!
The fact is that health and beauty are closely related. So, when your health is affected in a negative way, your appearance can also suffer.
As we know, some of the side effects of cigarette smoking are respiratory problems, lowered immunity, abnormal fluctuations in appetite and weight, irritability, mood swings, depression, etc.
Some of the more dangerous and long-lasting effects of cigarette smoking are diseases like cardiac arrest and lung cancer!
So, it is extremely important to stay away from smoking cigarettes or make a conscious effort to quit if you are a smoker, as this habit can harm both your health and appearance.
Have a look at what cigarette smoking can do to your appearance, in this article.
1. Patchy Skin
A research study has shown that cigarette smoking can up your risk of developing skin ailments like psoriasis, causing itchy, patchy and scaly skin!
2. Yellow Teeth
Many smokers experience discolouration or yellowing of teeth that can affect their appearance because the nicotine from the cigarettes can stain your teeth.
3. Dull Skin
Smoking can affect your appearance because it can turn your complexion grey and dull, as nicotine can decrease the level of vitamin C in your body, resulting in dull skin.
Another research study has noted that smoking can increase the risk of the development of warts on the lips, face, genitals, etc., especially among sexually active smokers.
5. Dark Circles
Smoking can also deteriorate your looks by causing dark circles. As your facial skin is exposed to smoke quite often, and your immunity is weakened, dark circles can be formed.
6. Stretch Marks
Smoking cigarettes can weaken the elasticity of your skin by affecting the connective tissues of the skin, thereby causing undesirable stretch marks on your skin.
It is extremely common for smokers to develop premature wrinkles on the face, especially around the mouth due to the lowered elasticity of the skin and exposure to nicotine smoke.