- 12 min ago Karwa Chauth 2019: This Karwa Chauth We Have Refreshing Salwar Suit Ideas For You
- 1 hr ago Scarlett Johansson, Margot Robbie, And Other Divas Inspire Us With Their Black Dresses
- 2 hrs ago Acoustic Trauma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
- 2 hrs ago Shifting To A New Place? Here Are 7 Ways To Help You Adapt To The New Environment
- News Man falls and lands in front of "Lion King" at Delhi Zoo
- Movies Karan Singh Grover EXITS Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2; Was He Not Happy With His Role?
- Technology SpaceX Pitches Additional 30,000 Satellites For Starlink
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Shares Gain 14% On Business Update
- Automobiles Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Sports Rumour Has It: Allegri 'very close' to Man United, but Spurs remain interested
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Have you ever fractured your arms or dislocated your wrists? This could be one of the worst experiences you have ever had.Your hands were put on casting and you required a support for all your daily chores.
The arms and wrists are important body parts of all human beings. The arms comprise of bones, muscles, nerves and vessels. It is essential to keep all these body parts in good health as even a slight fracture and dislocation due to a fall would leave you almost handicapped.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas For Brain
So how do we keep our arms and wrists strong? There are several exercises which can be done for strengthening your arms and wrists. But of all, yoga is considered one of the best exercises. Tittibhasana is one of the asanas which have been proved to be helpful in strengthening your arms and wrists.
The word Tittibhasana comes from the Sanskrit word 'Tittibha' which means firefly and 'Asana' which means pose. This yoga asana is also known as the Firefly pose.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas For Headache
To perform Tittibhasana one needs to have a strong upper body. Initially it might be difficult for the beginners but with constant practice it gets easier. Have a look at the step-wise procedure to perform Tittibhasana.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Tittibhasana:
1. To start off, remain in the squatting position.
2. Place your feet at a short distance from the shoulders. The feet should be in front of your hands.
3. Take your hands through the legs and press them behind the calves.
4. Take your arms and shoulders and place them behind your thighs.
5. Bend your kness and in the squatting position take your legs close to the shoulders.
6. Now lift your body off the floor. Your body weight should rest on your palms.
7. Your arms should be in a straight position. The thighs should be tightened and the body should be pushed up.
8. Remain in the position for a few seconds and then release.
Other Benefits of Tittibhasana:
Helps calm your mind.
Helps improve your sense of balance.
Helps tone the belly.
Helps in better digestion.
Helps stretch the inner groins and back torso.
Helps provide relief from anxiety, stress and tension.
Those who have lower back injury, elbow and wrist injury or shoulder injury should avoid Tittibhasana. It is always better to practise these yoga asanas under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.